Kylie J Smith
Affiliation: University of Tasmania
- Daily eating frequency and cardiometabolic risk factors in young Australian adults: cross-sectional analysesKylie J Smith
Menzies Research Institute, Private Bag 23, Hobart, Tasmania 7001, Australia
Br J Nutr 108:1086-94. 2012..Significant trends were not observed for women. In conclusion, a higher number of eating occasions were associated with reduced cardiometabolic risk factors in men. Many associations were mediated by waist circumference...
- Takeaway food consumption and cardio-metabolic risk factors in young adultsK J Smith
Menzies Research Institute Tasmania, University of Tasmania, Hobart Tasmania, Australia
Eur J Clin Nutr 66:577-84. 2012..This study aimed to determine whether takeaway food consumption is associated with fasting glucose, insulin, lipids, homeostasis model assessment (HOMA) and blood pressure...
- Takeaway food consumption and its associations with diet quality and abdominal obesity: a cross-sectional study of young adultsKylie J Smith
Menzies Research Institute, University of Tasmania, Hobart Tasmania 7000, Australia
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 6:29. 2009..abstract:..
- Involvement of young Australian adults in meal preparation: cross-sectional associations with sociodemographic factors and diet qualityKylie J Smith
Menzies Research Institute, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
J Am Diet Assoc 110:1363-7. 2010..These results suggest that strategies seeking to motivate greater involvement in meal preparation might not be sufficient to markedly improve diet quality in young Australian adults...
- Skipping breakfast: longitudinal associations with cardiometabolic risk factors in the Childhood Determinants of Adult Health StudyKylie J Smith
Menzies Research Institute, University of Tasmania, Tasmania, Australia
Am J Clin Nutr 92:1316-25. 2010..The long-term effects of skipping breakfast on cardiometabolic health are not well understood...
- Involvement of young Australian adults in meal preparation: cross-sectional associations with abdominal obesity and body mass indexKylie J Smith
Menzies Research Institute, Australia
J Am Diet Assoc 111:1187-91. 2011..93; 95% CI: 0.84 to 1.02; sole responsibility prevalence ratio=0.93; 95% CI: 0.85 to 1.02). In this sample of young adults, level of involvement in meal preparation was not strongly related to weight status...
- When to prevent cardiovascular disease? As early as possible: lessons from prospective cohorts beginning in childhoodCostan G Magnussen
Menzies Research Institute Tasmania, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Curr Opin Cardiol 28:561-8. 2013....
- Factors Affecting Tracking of Blood Pressure from Childhood to Adulthood: The Childhood Determinants of Adult Health StudyRebecca K Kelly
Menzies Institute for Medical Research, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Australia
J Pediatr 167:1422-8.e2. 2015..To examine the modifiable factors that alter the trajectory of blood pressure (BP) from childhood to adulthood...