Marc L Seal
Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- Cortical activation associated with the experience of auditory hallucinations and perception of human speech in schizophrenia: a PET correlation studyDavid L Copolov
Mental Health Research Institute of Victoria, Private Bag 11, Parkville, VIC 3052, Australia
Psychiatry Res 122:139-52. 2003..The observed pattern of activation is consistent with models of auditory hallucinations as mis-remembered episodic memories of speech...
- Abnormal white matter microstructure in schizophrenia: a voxelwise analysis of axial and radial diffusivityMarc L Seal
Melbourne Neuropsychiatry Centre, The University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Schizophr Res 101:106-10. 2008..This finding suggests that the loss of white matter integrity in schizophrenia is the result of demyelination and/or changes to the axonal cytoskeleton rather than gross axonal damage...
- An investigation of cognitive 'branching' processes in major depressionNicholas D Walsh
Centre for Neuroimaging Sciences, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
BMC Psychiatry 9:69. 2009..Evidence for this model comes from functional neuroimaging and frontal-pole lesion patients. We have utilised these new concepts to investigate the possibility that patients with depression are impaired at cognitive 'branching'...
- An investigation of the relationship between cortical connectivity and schizotypy in the general populationMargaret T Nelson
Melbourne Neuropsychiatry Centre, Department of Psychiatry, The University of Melbourne and Melbourne Health, Victoria, Australia
J Nerv Ment Dis 199:348-53. 2011....
- Disrupted axonal fiber connectivity in schizophreniaAndrew Zalesky
Melbourne Neuropsychiatry Centre, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria VIC, Australia
Biol Psychiatry 69:80-9. 2011..However, evidence for anatomical dysconnectivity has been equivocal, and few studies have examined axonal fiber connectivity in schizophrenia at the level of whole-brain networks...
- Functional connectivity in brain networks underlying cognitive control in chronic cannabis usersIan H Harding
Department of Psychiatry, Melbourne Neuropsychiatry Centre, University of Melbourne and Melbourne Health, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Neuropsychopharmacology 37:1923-33. 2012....
- Hippocampal pathology in individuals at ultra-high risk for psychosis: a multi-modal magnetic resonance studyStephen J Wood
Melbourne Neuropsychiatry Centre, Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne and Melbourne Health, Parkville, Vic, Australia
Neuroimage 52:62-8. 2010..However, standard measures of neuroanatomical disturbance do not appear to be predictive of later transition, and instead are likely to be non-specific and common in cases that later develop a non-psychotic disorder...
- Grey and white matter abnormalities are associated with impaired spatial working memory ability in first-episode schizophreniaLuca Cocchi
Department of Psychiatry, Melbourne Neuropsychiatry Centre, The University of Melbourne and Melbourne Health, Melbourne, Australia
Schizophr Res 115:163-72. 2009....
- Preventing academic difficulties in preterm children: a randomised controlled trial of an adaptive working memory training intervention - IMPRINT studyLeona Pascoe
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, Flemington Road, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
BMC Pediatr 13:144. 2013....
- The nature of abnormal language processing in euthymic bipolar I disorder: evidence for a relationship between task demand and prefrontal functionVivienne A Curtis
Division of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
Bipolar Disord 9:358-69. 2007..We used functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) to investigate the core components of language processing as well as the impact of task demand in a group of bipolar subjects...