Lena A Sanci
Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- Primary health care for young people in AustraliaMelissa Kang
Department of General Practice, University of Sydney at Westmead Hospital, Westmead NSW, Australia
Int J Adolesc Med Health 19:229-34. 2007..Challenges and future directions are discussed...
- Primary care and youth mental health in Ireland: qualitative study in deprived urban areasDorothy Leahy
Graduate Entry Medical School, University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
BMC Fam Pract 14:194. 2013....
- The prevention access and risk taking in young people (PARTY) project protocol: a cluster randomised controlled trial of health risk screening and motivational interviewing for young people presenting to general practiceLena Sanci
General Practice and Primary Health Care Academic Centre, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
BMC Public Health 12:400. 2012....
- Detecting emotional disorder in young people in primary careLena Sanci
Department of General Practice, University of Melbourne, Australia
Curr Opin Psychiatry 23:318-23. 2010..This review considers recent progress around conceptual frameworks, epidemiological findings, accuracy of available instruments and evidence for effectiveness of screening in reducing the burden of emotional disorders...
- Sustainability of change with quality general practitioner education in adolescent health: a 5-year follow-upLena Sanci
Department of General Practice, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Med Educ 39:557-60. 2005..The intervention was designed with evidence-based strategies in continuing medical education...
- Confidential health care for adolescents: reconciling clinical evidence with family valuesLena A Sanci
Department of General Practice, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Vic
Med J Aust 183:410-4. 2005..Evaluation of maturity must take into account characteristics of the young person, gravity of the proposed treatment, family factors, and statutory restrictions...
- Childhood sexual abuse and eating disorders in females: findings from the Victorian Adolescent Health Cohort StudyLena Sanci
Department of General Practice, University of Melbourne, 200 Berkeley St, Carlton, Victoria 3053, Australia
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 162:261-7. 2008..To examine the relationship between childhood sexual abuse (CSA) before the age of 16 years and later onset of bulimia and anorexia nervosa symptoms in females...
- Assessment of youth-friendly health care: a systematic review of indicators drawn from young people's perspectivesAnne Emmanuelle Ambresin
Centre for Adolescent Health, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Adolesc Health 52:670-81. 2013..To review the literature on young people's perspectives on health care with a view to defining domains and indicators of youth-friendly care...
- The experience of providing young people attending general practice with an online risk assessment tool to assess their own sexual health riskJade E Bilardi
Melbourne School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Carlton, Victoria 3053, Australia
BMC Infect Dis 9:29. 2009..The secondary aim was to test the acceptability of the tool among general practitioners and young people...
- Incentive payments to general practitioners aimed at increasing opportunistic testing of young women for chlamydia: a pilot cluster randomised controlled trialJade E Bilardi
Sexual Health Unit, Melbourne School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Carlton, Victoria 3053, Australia
BMC Public Health 10:70. 2010..The aim of this pilot study was to determine if offering general practitioners (GP) a small incentive payment per test would increase chlamydia testing in women aged 16 to 24 years, attending general practice...
- Using a mobile phone application in youth mental health - an evaluation studySophie C Reid
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute and Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Aust Fam Physician 41:711-4. 2012..This study evaluates a mobile phone self monitoring tool designed to assist paediatricians in assessing and managing youth mental health...
- Toward youth friendly services: a survey of young people in primary careDagmar M Haller
Centre for Adolescent Health, Murdoch Children s Institute at the Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
J Gen Intern Med 22:775-81. 2007..The World Health Organization encourages the development of youth friendly services, yet little is known on how youth currently present in general practice...
- A mobile phone application for the assessment and management of youth mental health problems in primary care: a randomised controlled trialSophie C Reid
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, University of Melbourne, Australia
BMC Fam Pract 12:131. 2011....
- A training agenda in adolescent medicine and healthSusan M Sawyer
Centre for Adolescent Health, Royal Children s Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Int J Adolesc Med Health 19:305-15. 2007..In Australia, this has been best achieved by centres of excellence in adolescent health...
- Improving general practice consultations for older people with asthma: a cluster randomised control trialDianne P Goeman
Department of Allergy, Immunology and Respiratory Medicine AIRmed, Cooperative Research Centre for Asthma and Airways, Alfred Hospital, Monash University, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 191:113-7. 2009..To evaluate the effectiveness of a multifaceted educational intervention for general practitioners to improve the outcomes of older people with asthma...
- Adolescent medicineGeorge C Patton
Centre for Adolescent Health, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, VIC 3052
Med J Aust 176:3. 2002
- What do GPs get out of participating in research? - experience of the LEAP trialJane Gunn
Primary Care Research Unit, Department of General Practice, The University of Melbourne, Victoria
Aust Fam Physician 37:372-5. 2008..This article examines why a group of general practitioners took part in clinical research...
- Cannabis dependence in young adults: an Australian population studyCarolyn Coffey
Centre for Adolescent Health, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Addiction 97:187-94. 2002....
- Potential roles for practice nurses in preventive care for young people - a qualitative studyCaroline Hart
General Practice and Primary Health Care Academic Centre, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Aust Fam Physician 41:618-21. 2012..Increasing numbers of practice nurses and their expanding roles in Australian general practice suggest they can contribute to quality primary healthcare for young people...
- Barriers to delivering asthma care: a qualitative study of general practitionersDianne P Goeman
Department of Allergy, Immunology and Respiratory Medicine, The Alfred Hospital and Monash University, Commercial Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia
Med J Aust 183:457-60. 2005..To ascertain what general practitioners' priorities are for achieving optimal outcomes in people with asthma, and the barriers they face in delivering this care...
- Youth health research ethics: time for a mature-minor clause?Lena A Sanci
Department of General Practice, University of Melbourne, 200 Berkeley Street, Carlton, Victoria 3053, Australia
Med J Aust 180:336-8. 2004..There are grounds for considering a mature-minor clause in the National Health and Medical Research Council research ethics guidelines, particularly in the context of youth participation in minimal-risk research...
- A mobile phone program to track young people's experiences of mood, stress and coping. Development and testing of the mobiletype programSophie C Reid
Centre for Adolescent Health, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, 2 Gatehouse St, Parkville, Vic, 3052, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 44:501-7. 2009..The aim of this study was to develop, pilot, and evaluate a youth-friendly mobile phone program to monitor, in real-time, young people's everyday experiences of mood, stress, and their coping behaviours...
- R U OK 2 TXT 4 RESEARCH?--feasibility of text message communication in primary care researchDagmar Haller
Centre for Adolescent Health, Murdoch Children s Research Institute, Melbourne, Victoria
Aust Fam Physician 35:175-6. 2006..Young people have led the recent rise in prevalence of text message usage, which is increasingly used in clinical settings...
- Using simulated patients to develop doctors' skills in facilitating behaviour change: addressing childhood obesityBibi Gerner
Centre for Community Child Health, Royal Children s Hospital, and Department of General Practice, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Med Educ 44:706-15. 2010....
- Balancing parental involvement with adolescent friendly health care in teenagers with diabetes: are we getting it right?Rony E Duncan
Centre for Adolescent Health, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Parkville, Victoria, Australia Department of Paediatrics, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia Electronic address
J Adolesc Health 55:59-64. 2014..This study aimed to better understand how these apparent tensions are reconciled in clinical practice by identifying how frequently adolescents with T1DM are seen alone and exploring parents' opinions about this...
- YFHS-WHO+ Questionnaire: validation of a measure of youth-friendly primary care servicesDagmar M Haller
Department of Community Medicine and Primary Care, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
J Adolesc Health 51:422-30. 2012..To develop and validate a research tool to measure the youth friendliness of primary care services from a client's perspective...
- Investigating the utility of mobile phones for collecting data about adolescent alcohol use and related mood, stress and coping behaviours: lessons and recommendationsSylvia D Kauer
Centre for Adolescent Health, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute and Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 28:25-30. 2009..This paper aims to review the feasibility and usefulness of a mobile phone momentary sampling program to capture data about alcohol use and related behaviours...
- Screening for chlamydia trachomatis: barriers for homeless young peopleDorothy Henning
Young People s Health Service, Centre for Adolescent Health, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Aust J Adv Nurs 24:8-13. 2007..The study explored homeless young people's knowledge and attitudes of Chlamydia trachomatis (Chlamydia) and its screening...
- Improving adolescents' access to primary health careLena A Sanci
Med J Aust 183:416-7. 2005
- Practical evidence in favour of mature-minor consent in primary care researchDagmar M Haller
Med J Aust 183:439. 2005
- Youth-friendly primary-care services: how are we doing and what more needs to be done?Andre Tylee
Health Services and Population Research Department, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London SE2 8AF, UK
Lancet 369:1565-73. 2007..Enough is known to recommend that a priority for the future is to ensure that each country, state, and locality has a policy and support to encourage provision of innovative and well assessed youth-friendly services...
- Do young people's illness beliefs affect healthcare? A systematic reviewDagmar M Haller
Department of Community and Primary Care Medicine, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
J Adolesc Health 42:436-49. 2008..This paper presents a systematic review of the literature on young people's common illness beliefs in contemporary Western societies and the extent to which these beliefs have been shown to affect healthcare...