Affiliation: University of Sydney
- Increasing the use of evidence in health policy: practice and views of policy makers and researchersDanielle M Campbell
The Sax Institute, Level 8, Bld 10, 235 Jones St, Ultimo, NSW, Australia
Aust New Zealand Health Policy 6:21. 2009....
- Criteria for evaluating evidence on public health interventionsL Rychetnik
Effective Healthcare Australia, School of Population Health and Health Services Research, University of Sydney, Australia
J Epidemiol Community Health 56:119-27. 2002..Study design alone is an inadequate marker of evidence quality in public health intervention evaluation...
- Advocating evidence-based health promotion: reflections and a way forwardLucie Rychetnik
Sydney Health Projects Group, School of Public Health, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
Health Promot Int 19:247-57. 2004....
- A glossary for evidence based public healthLucie Rychetnik
Sydney Health Projects Group, School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Australia
J Epidemiol Community Health 58:538-45. 2004..It draws on the published literature, experience gained over several years analysis of the topic, and discussions with public health colleagues, including researchers, practitioners, policy makers, and students...
- Utilization of a population health survey in policy and practice: a case studyRachel Laws
Prevention Research Collaboration, School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, 2006, NSW, Australia
Health Res Policy Syst 11:4. 2013....
- Enhancing citizen engagement in cancer screening through deliberative democracyLucie Rychetnik
Screening and Test Evaluation Program, Room 301F, Level 3, Edward Ford Building A27, School of Public Health, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
J Natl Cancer Inst 105:380-6. 2013..Policies that take account of citizens' opinions through a deliberative democracy process can be considered more legitimate, justifiable, and feasible than those that don't...
- Policy and practice impacts of applied research: a case study analysis of the New South Wales Health Promotion Demonstration Research Grants Scheme 2000-2006Andrew J Milat
Centre for Epidemiology and Evidence, NSW Ministry of Health, Locked Mail Bag 961, North Sydney, NSW 2059, Australia
Health Res Policy Syst 11:5. 2013....
- Expanding the evidence on cancer screening: the value of scientific, social and ethical perspectivesLucie Rychetnik
University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 198:536-9. 2013..An expanded approach will offer essential information to better support well reasoned judgements, and develop more accountable and less contested cancer screening policies...
- Views on evidence from nursing and midwifery opinion leadersDonna Waters
Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Nurse Educ Today 29:829-34. 2009....
- Translating research for evidence-based public health: key concepts and future directionsLucie Rychetnik
School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
J Epidemiol Community Health 66:1187-92. 2012..Finally, an integrated framework is presented to illustrate the relationship between these domains, and priority areas for further development and empirical research are identified...
- Evidence, ethics, and values: a framework for health promotionStacy M Carter
Centre for Values, Ethics and the Law in Medicine and Sydney School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Am J Public Health 101:465-72. 2011..Both researchers and health promotion practitioners should work to build the capacities required for evidential and ethical deliberation in the health promotion profession...