Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- Death to flies: Drosophila as a model system to study programmed cell deathHelena Richardson
Trescowthick Research Laboratories, Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, Locked Bag 1, A Beckett St, Melbourne, Victoria, 8006, Australia
J Immunol Methods 265:21-38. 2002..elegans and mammals, in which to study the intricacies of PCD. Here, we review the literature on PCD during Drosophila development, highlighting the methods used in these studies...
- The Ecdysone-inducible zinc-finger transcription factor Crol regulates Wg transcription and cell cycle progression in DrosophilaNaomi Mitchell
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Parkville 3010, Melbourne, Australia
Development 135:2707-16. 2008..Taken together, our studies have revealed a novel mechanism for cell cycle regulation, whereby Crol links steroid hormone signals to Wg signalling and the regulation of crucial cell cycle targets...
- A genetic screen for dominant modifiers of a cyclin E hypomorphic mutation identifies novel regulators of S-phase entry in DrosophilaAnthony Brumby
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, East Melbourne, Victoria, 3002, Australia
Genetics 168:227-51. 2004....
- Bcl-2 in cell cycle regulationLeonie M Quinn
Trescowthick Research Laboratories, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, St Andrew s Place, East Melbourne, VIC 3002, Australia
Cell Cycle 3:7-9. 2004
- Dlg, Scribble and Lgl in cell polarity, cell proliferation and cancerPatrick Humbert
Cell Cycle and Cancer Genetics Laboratory, Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, St Andrew s Place, East Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia
Bioessays 25:542-53. 2003..Dlg, Scrib and Lgl are highly conserved between human and Drosophila, and we discuss evidence that these proteins also play a role in cancer progression in humans...
- Analysis of Drosophila cyclin EI and II function during development: identification of an inhibitory zone within the morphogenetic furrow of the eye imaginal disc that blocks the function of cyclin EI but not cyclin EIIDonna Crack
Center for the Molecular Genetics of Development and Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, 5005, Australia
Dev Biol 241:157-71. 2002..Taken together, these results reveal a novel zone within the posterior region of the MF where DmcycEI but not DmcycEII function is inhibited, and suggest that DmcycEII is a more potent inducer of S phase...
- Buffy, a Drosophila Bcl-2 protein, has anti-apoptotic and cell cycle inhibitory functionsLeonie Quinn
Trescowick Research Laboratories, Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, St Andrews Place, East Melbourne
EMBO J 22:3568-79. 2003..Overexpression of Buffy in the embryo results in inhibition of the cell cycle, consistent with a G(1)/early-S phase arrest. Our data suggest that Buffy is functionally similar to the mammalian pro-survival Bcl-2 family of proteins...
- Drosophila Hfp negatively regulates dmyc and stg to inhibit cell proliferationLeonie M Quinn
Trescowthick Research Laboratories, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, St Andrew s Place, East Melbourne, VIC 3002 Australia
Development 131:1411-23. 2004..Our findings indicate that Hfp provides a critical molecular link between the developmental patterning signals induced by the wingless pathway and dMyc-regulated cell growth and proliferation...
- Geminin regulates neuronal differentiation by antagonizing Brg1 activitySeongjin Seo
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Genes Dev 19:1723-34. 2005....