Naomi C Priest
Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- A systematic review of studies examining the relationship between reported racism and health and wellbeing for children and young peopleNaomi Priest
The McCaughey Centre, Melbourne School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Level 5, 207 Bouverie St, Carlton 3053, Australia
Soc Sci Med 95:115-27. 2013..Ensuring study quality in this field will allow future research to reveal the complex role that racial discrimination plays as a determinant of child and youth health. ..
- Social and emotional outcomes of Australian children from Indigenous and culturally and linguistically diverse backgroundsNaomi Priest
McCaughey Centre, Melbourne School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, 5 207 Bouverie St, Carlton, Victoria 3010
Aust N Z J Public Health 36:183-90. 2012..1) profile the living environments and 2) examine the social and emotional outcomes of Australian children from Indigenous and cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds at school entry...
- Exploring relationships between racism, housing and child illness in remote indigenous communitiesNaomi Priest
McCaughey Centre and Onemda Unit, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
J Epidemiol Community Health 66:440-7. 2012..Although racism is increasingly acknowledged as a determinant of health, few studies have examined the relationship between racism, housing and child health outcomes...
- Indigenous child health research: a critical analysis of Australian studiesNaomi Priest
Melbourne School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Aust N Z J Public Health 33:55-63. 2009....
- Racism and health among urban Aboriginal young peopleNaomi Priest
McCaughey Centre and Onemda VicHealth Koori Health Unit, Melbourne School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
BMC Public Health 11:568. 2011..Racism has been identified as an important determinant of health but few studies have explored associations between racism and health outcomes for Australian Aboriginal young people in urban areas...
- Racism as a determinant of social and emotional wellbeing for Aboriginal Australian youthNaomi C Priest
McCaughey Centre and Onemda Koori Health Unit, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, VIC npriestATunimelb edu au
Med J Aust 194:546-50. 2011..To explore the associations between self-reported racism and health and wellbeing outcomes for young Aboriginal Australian people...