Irmeli A Penttila
Affiliation: University of Adelaide
- Heated allergens and induction of tolerance in food allergic childrenMerryn Netting
Women s and Children s Health Research Institute, University of Adelaide, 72 King William Road, North Adelaide, SA 5006, Australia
Nutrients 5:2028-46. 2013..This article will review the current literature regarding the use of heated food allergens as immunotherapy for children with cow's milk and egg allergy...
- Immune modulation in suckling rat pups by a growth factor extract derived from milk wheyI A Penttila
CRC for Tissue Growth and Repair, Child Health Research Institute, North Adelaide, South Australia
J Dairy Res 68:587-99. 2001..Immune modulation by extracts derived from milk whey could be of potential benefit for formula-fed and pre-term infants in reducing susceptibility to inappropriate activation to food antigens...
- Effects of transforming growth factor-beta and formula feeding on systemic immune responses to dietary beta-lactoglobulin in allergy-prone ratsIrmeli Penttila
Child Health Research Institute, North Adelaide, South Australia, Australia 5006
Pediatr Res 59:650-5. 2006..Importantly, this immune profile persisted after weaning when TGF-beta was no longer present in the diet...
- Milk-derived transforming growth factor-beta and the infant immune responseIrmeli A Penttila
Women s and Children s Health Research Institute, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, South Australia
J Pediatr 156:S21-5. 2010..Oral antigen exposure also plays an important role in priming the developing immune response. The influence of early introduction of oral beta-lactoglobulin in allergy prone rat pups will also be discussed...
- Early oral ovalbumin exposure during maternal milk feeding prevents spontaneous allergic sensitization in allergy-prone rat pupsAdaweyah El-Merhibi
Women s and Children s Health Research Institute, North Adelaide, SA, Australia
Clin Dev Immunol 2012:396232. 2012..Conclusions. Early daily OVA exposure in the presence of maternal milk maintains immune markers associated with a regulated immune response, preventing early allergic sensitization...
- Maternal milk, but not formula, regulates the immune response to beta-lactoglobulin in allergy-prone rat pupsKatie L Tooley
Women s and Children s Health Research Institute, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, 5006 SA, Australia
J Nutr 139:2145-51. 2009..05). We conclude that introducing an allergenic food with breast milk reduces immunological indicators of an allergic response, whereas introduction during formula feeding generates an allergic response...
- Wnt blockade with dickkopf reduces intestinal crypt fission and intestinal growth in infant ratsJane K Fauser
School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences, Roseworthy Campus, University of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 55:26-31. 2012..The aim of this project was to investigate whether crypt fission and intestinal growth are affected by experimental blockade of the Wnt/β-catenin signalling pathway...