Irmeli A Penttila
Affiliation: University of Adelaide
- Early oral ovalbumin exposure during maternal milk feeding prevents spontaneous allergic sensitization in allergy-prone rat pupsAdaweyah El-Merhibi
Women s and Children s Health Research Institute, North Adelaide, SA, Australia
Clin Dev Immunol 2012:396232. 2012..Conclusions. Early daily OVA exposure in the presence of maternal milk maintains immune markers associated with a regulated immune response, preventing early allergic sensitization...
- Heated allergens and induction of tolerance in food allergic childrenMerryn Netting
Women s and Children s Health Research Institute, University of Adelaide, 72 King William Road, North Adelaide, SA 5006, Australia
Nutrients 5:2028-46. 2013..This article will review the current literature regarding the use of heated food allergens as immunotherapy for children with cow's milk and egg allergy...
- Immune modulation in suckling rat pups by a growth factor extract derived from milk wheyI A Penttila
CRC for Tissue Growth and Repair, Child Health Research Institute, North Adelaide, South Australia
J Dairy Res 68:587-99. 2001..Immune modulation by extracts derived from milk whey could be of potential benefit for formula-fed and pre-term infants in reducing susceptibility to inappropriate activation to food antigens...
- Effects of transforming growth factor-beta and formula feeding on systemic immune responses to dietary beta-lactoglobulin in allergy-prone ratsIrmeli Penttila
Child Health Research Institute, North Adelaide, South Australia, Australia 5006
Pediatr Res 59:650-5. 2006..Importantly, this immune profile persisted after weaning when TGF-beta was no longer present in the diet...
- Milk-derived transforming growth factor-beta and the infant immune responseIrmeli A Penttila
Women s and Children s Health Research Institute, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, South Australia
J Pediatr 156:S21-5. 2010..Oral antigen exposure also plays an important role in priming the developing immune response. The influence of early introduction of oral beta-lactoglobulin in allergy prone rat pups will also be discussed...
- Maternal milk, but not formula, regulates the immune response to beta-lactoglobulin in allergy-prone rat pupsKatie L Tooley
Women s and Children s Health Research Institute, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, 5006 SA, Australia
J Nutr 139:2145-51. 2009..05). We conclude that introducing an allergenic food with breast milk reduces immunological indicators of an allergic response, whereas introduction during formula feeding generates an allergic response...
- Immune activation in irritable bowel syndrome: can neuroimmune interactions explain symptoms?Patrick A Hughes
University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Am J Gastroenterol 108:1066-74. 2013..Identifying what the key changes in the GI immune system are in IBS and how these changes modulate viscerosensory nervous function is essential for the development of novel therapies for the underlying disorder. ..
- Wnt blockade with dickkopf reduces intestinal crypt fission and intestinal growth in infant ratsJane K Fauser
School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences, Roseworthy Campus, University of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 55:26-31. 2012..The aim of this project was to investigate whether crypt fission and intestinal growth are affected by experimental blockade of the Wnt/β-catenin signalling pathway...