Nancye May Peel
Affiliation: University of Queensland
- Psychosocial factors associated with fall-related hip fracturesNancye M Peel
University of Queensland, Australasian Centre on Ageing, St Lucia, Queensland, Australia
Age Ageing 36:145-51. 2007..The purpose was to contribute evidence for promotion of healthy ageing strategies in population-based interventions for fall injury prevention...
- Quality of life of older frail persons receiving a post-discharge programTracy A Comans
School of Medicine, Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia
Health Qual Life Outcomes 11:58. 2013..e. satisfaction with own quality of life) for participants of a discharge program for older people following an extended hospital episode of care and 2) examine the impact of the intensity of this program on utility gains over time...
- Gait speed as a measure in geriatric assessment in clinical settings: a systematic reviewNancye M Peel
Centre for Research in Geriatric Medicine, Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, Queensland, Australia
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 68:39-46. 2013..The purpose of this study is to undertake a systematic review and meta-analysis of gait speed in a specific group with mobility limitations-geriatric patients in clinical settings...
- How effective are programs at managing transition from hospital to home? A case study of the Australian Transition Care ProgramLeonard C Gray
Centre for Research in Geriatric Medicine, The University of Queensland, Level 2, Building 33, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, Queensland 4102, Australia
BMC Geriatr 12:6. 2012..In this paper, we review the current evidence on the efficacy of such programs, using the Australian Transition Care Program as a case study...
- Feasibility of using an in-home video conferencing system in geriatric rehabilitationNancye M Peel
Centre for Research in Geriatric Medicine, School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Level 2 Building 33, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Ipswich Road, Woolloongabba QLD 4102 Australia
J Rehabil Med 43:364-6. 2011..This pilot study trialled an in-home videoconferencing system to determine the feasibility of delivering rehabilitation services remotely to aged clients...
- Evaluation of a health service delivery intervention to promote falls prevention in older people across the care continuumNancye M Peel
Australasian Centre on Ageing, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, QLD, Australia
J Eval Clin Pract 16:1254-61. 2010..This paper describes the method and results of the implementation and evaluation of a state-wide workforce enhancement strategy to promote the uptake of evidence-based falls prevention activities for older people...
- Using senior volunteers as peer educators: What is the evidence of effectiveness in falls prevention?Nancye M Peel
Australasian Centre on Ageing, The University of Queensland, Australia
Australas J Ageing 28:7-11. 2009....
- Healthy aging as an intervention to minimize injury from falls among older peopleNancye May Peel
Australasian Centre on Ageing, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland 4072, Australia
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1114:162-9. 2007....
- Health-protective behaviours and risk of fall-related hip fractures: a population-based case-control studyNancye May Peel
Centre of National Research on Disability and Rehabilitation Medicine CONROD, Medical School, University of Queensland, Herston, Queensland, Australia 4006
Age Ageing 35:491-7. 2006..The purpose was to contribute evidence for the promotion of healthy ageing as a population-based intervention for falls injury prevention...
- Behavioral determinants of healthy agingNancye M Peel
Centre of National Research on Disability and Rehabilitation Medicine, Medical School, University of Queensland, Herston, Queensland 4006, Australia
Am J Prev Med 28:298-304. 2005..Efforts to standardize concepts and terminology will facilitate further research activity in this important area...
- Falls prevention interventions for community-dwelling older persons with cognitive impairment: a systematic reviewHeidi Winter
School of Population Health, The University of Queensland, Herston, Queensland 4006, Australia
Int Psychogeriatr 25:215-27. 2013..Therefore, the purpose of this systematic review is to investigate interventions designed to reduce falls in community-dwelling, cognitively impaired older adults...