Brian I O'Toole
Affiliation: University of Sydney
- Trauma, PTSD, and physical health: an epidemiological study of Australian Vietnam veteransBrian I O'Toole
ANZAC Research Institute, University of Sydney, Australia
J Psychosom Res 64:33-40. 2008....
- The physical and mental health of Australian Vietnam veterans 3 decades after the war and its relation to military service, combat, and post-traumatic stress disorderBrian I O'Toole
ANZAC Research Institute, Repatriation General Hospital Concord, New South Wales, Australia
Am J Epidemiol 170:318-30. 2009..Draftees had better physical health than regular enlistees but no better mental health. Army service and war-related PTSD are associated with risk of illness in later life among Australian Vietnam veterans...
- The mental health of partners of Australian Vietnam veterans three decades after the war and its relation to veteran military service, combat, and PTSDBrian I O'Toole
Concord Repatriation General Hospital, University of Sydney ANZAC Research Institute, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Nerv Ment Dis 198:841-5. 2010..We conclude that veterans' war service and mental health sequelae including post-traumatic stress disorder are associated with higher rates of mental disorder in their female partners 3 decades after the war...
- Factors associated with civilian mortality in Australian Vietnam veterans three decades after the warBrian I O'Toole
University of Sydney ANZAC Research Institute, RGH Concord Hospital Road, Concord, NSW 2039, Australia
Mil Med 175:88-95. 2010..Psychiatric status including PTSD diagnosis was not associated with mortality. Veterans' mortality risk may be reduced by attention to smoking and alcohol both in-service and postservice...
- Acute effects of urban ambient air pollution on respiratory symptoms, asthma medication use, and doctor visits for asthma in a cohort of Australian childrenBin B Jalaludin
Epidemiology Unit, South Western Sydney Area Health Services, Liverpool BC, NSW, Australia
Environ Res 95:32-42. 2004..We were, however, unable to demonstrate that current levels of ambient air pollution in western Sydney have a coherent range of adverse health effects on children with a history of wheezing...
- Neuroscience Institute of Schizophrenia and Allied Disorders (NISAD): 10 years of Australia's first virtual research instituteDaren M Draganic
Neuroscience Institute of Schizophrenia and Allied Disorders, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 41:78-88. 2007..To review the first 10 years of operation of the Neuroscience Institute of Schizophrenia and Allied Disorders (NISAD), Australia's first virtual research institute...