Affiliation: University of Sydney
- Is physical activity protective against hip fracture in frail older people?R Norton
Institute for International Health, University of Sydney, PO Box 576, Newtown, Sydney, NSW 2042, Australia
Age Ageing 30:262-4. 2001..there is limited evidence of a protective effect of physical activity in preventing hip fractures among older people living in institutions and in those aged 80 or over...
- Socioeconomic status and risk of car crash injury, independent of place of residence and driving exposure: results from the DRIVE StudyH Y Chen
The George Institute for Global Health, The University of Sydney, PO Box M201, Missenden Road, Sydney, NSW 2050, Australia
J Epidemiol Community Health 64:998-1003. 2010..This aim of this study is to examine the independent effect of SES on crash risk, adjusting for such factors, and to examine the relationship between injury severity following a crash and SES...
- Visual impairment and risk of hip fractureR Q Ivers
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Sydney, Australia
Am J Epidemiol 152:633-9. 2000..Visual factors are important fall-related factors which influence risk of hip fracture. Risk of hip fracture may be decreased by correcting refractive error, improving stereopsis, and administering regular eye examinations...
- Sleep, blood pressure and obesity in 22,389 New ZealandersB R Wilsmore
Sleep and Circadian Research Group, Woolcock Institute of Medical Research, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Intern Med J 42:634-41. 2012..To determine the relationship of sleep disorders with blood pressure and obesity in a large, relatively healthy, community-based cohort...
- Road crash trends for young drivers in New South Wales, Australia, from 1997 to 2007H Y Chen
The George Institute for International Health, The University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Traffic Inj Prev 11:8-15. 2010..The objective of this article was to explore overall crash and injury trends over the past decade for young drivers residing in New South Wales (NSW), Australia, including gender and age disparities...
- Vehicle year and the risk of car crash injuryS Blows
Institute for International Health, University of Sydney, Australia
Inj Prev 9:353-6. 2003..To quantify the association between vehicle age and risk of car crash injury...
- Motor vehicle driver injury and marital status: a cohort study with prospective and retrospective driver injuriesG Whitlock
Clinical Trials Research Unit, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Inj Prev 10:33-6. 2004..To investigate the association of marital status with risk of motor vehicle driver injury...
- Car colour and risk of car crash injury: population based case control studyS Furness
Section of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Population Health, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
BMJ 327:1455-6. 2003
- Motor vehicle driver injury and socioeconomic status: a cohort study with prospective and retrospective driver injuriesG Whitlock
Clinical Trials Research Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Auckland, New Zealand
J Epidemiol Community Health 57:512-6. 2003..To investigate the association between motor vehicle driver injury and socioeconomic status...
- The SAFE study: saline vs. albumin for fluid resuscitation in the critically illS Finfer
The Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Society ANZICS Clinical Trials Group, Australian Red Cross Blood Service, South Melbourne, Victoria
Vox Sang 87:123-31. 2004
- Shift work and work injury in the New Zealand Blood Donors' Health StudyM Fransen
The George Institute for International Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Occup Environ Med 63:352-8. 2006..To investigate associations between work patterns and the occurrence of work injury...
- Pregnancy and leg ulcerationN Walker
J Wound Care 13:20. 2004