Affiliation: University of Queensland
- The contribution of major depression to the global burden of ischemic heart disease: a comparative risk assessmentFiona J Charlson
Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research, Brisbane, Australia
BMC Med 11:250. 2013..For the first time, the GBD 2010 has systematically and quantitatively assessed major depression as an independent risk factor for the development of ischemic heart disease (IHD) using comparative risk assessment methodology...
- Environmental exposures: an underrecognized contribution to noncommunicable diseasesRosana E Norman
Children s Halth and Environment Program, Queenland Children s Medical Research Institute, The University of Queenland, Herston, Australia
Rev Environ Health 28:59-65. 2013....
- The long-term health consequences of child physical abuse, emotional abuse, and neglect: a systematic review and meta-analysisRosana E Norman
Queensland Children s Medical Research Institute, University of Queensland, Herston, Australia
PLoS Med 9:e1001349. 2012..The aim of this study was to summarise the evidence relating to the possible relationship between child physical abuse, emotional abuse, and neglect, and subsequent mental and physical health outcomes...
- Interpersonal violence: an important risk factor for disease and injury in South AfricaRosana Norman
University of Queensland, School of Population Health, Herston, Queensland 4006, Australia
Popul Health Metr 8:32. 2010..This study aimed to comprehensively quantify the excess disease burden attributable to exposure to interpersonal violence as a risk factor for disease and injury in South Africa...
- Estimating the burden of disease attributable to four selected environmental risk factors in South AfricaRosana Norman
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Rev Environ Health 25:87-119. 2010..This paper describes the health impact of exposure to four selected environmental risk factors: unsafe water, sanitation and hygiene; indoor air pollution from household use of solid fuels; urban outdoor air pollution and lead exposure...
- Review of the long-term disability associated with hip fracturesMelanie Bertram
The University of Queensland, Centre for Burden of Disease and Cost Effectiveness, School of Population Health, Brisbane, Australia
Inj Prev 17:365-70. 2011..To determine the proportion of hip fracture patients who experience long-term disability and to re-estimate the resulting burden of disease associated with hip fractures in Australia in 2003...
- Health states for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder within the Global Burden of Disease 2010 StudyAlize J Ferrari
The University of Queensland, School of Population Health, Herston, Queensland, Australia
Popul Health Metr 10:16. 2012....
- Years lived with disability (YLDs) for 1160 sequelae of 289 diseases and injuries 1990-2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010Theo Vos
School of Population Health, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Lancet 380:2163-96. 2012..Neither effort quantified uncertainty in prevalence or years lived with disability (YLDs)...