Affiliation: University of Queensland
- Environmental exposures: an underrecognized contribution to noncommunicable diseasesRosana E Norman
Children s Halth and Environment Program, Queenland Children s Medical Research Institute, The University of Queenland, Herston, Australia
Rev Environ Health 28:59-65. 2013....
- The long-term health consequences of child physical abuse, emotional abuse, and neglect: a systematic review and meta-analysisRosana E Norman
Queensland Children s Medical Research Institute, University of Queensland, Herston, Australia
PLoS Med 9:e1001349. 2012..The aim of this study was to summarise the evidence relating to the possible relationship between child physical abuse, emotional abuse, and neglect, and subsequent mental and physical health outcomes...
- Interpersonal violence: an important risk factor for disease and injury in South AfricaRosana Norman
University of Queensland, School of Population Health, Herston, Queensland 4006, Australia
Popul Health Metr 8:32. 2010..This study aimed to comprehensively quantify the excess disease burden attributable to exposure to interpersonal violence as a risk factor for disease and injury in South Africa...
- Estimating the burden of disease attributable to four selected environmental risk factors in South AfricaRosana Norman
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Rev Environ Health 25:87-119. 2010..This paper describes the health impact of exposure to four selected environmental risk factors: unsafe water, sanitation and hygiene; indoor air pollution from household use of solid fuels; urban outdoor air pollution and lead exposure...
- Review of the long-term disability associated with hip fracturesMelanie Bertram
The University of Queensland, Centre for Burden of Disease and Cost Effectiveness, School of Population Health, Brisbane, Australia
Inj Prev 17:365-70. 2011..To determine the proportion of hip fracture patients who experience long-term disability and to re-estimate the resulting burden of disease associated with hip fractures in Australia in 2003...
- Health states for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder within the Global Burden of Disease 2010 StudyAlize J Ferrari
The University of Queensland, School of Population Health, Herston, Queensland, Australia
Popul Health Metr 10:16. 2012....
- Years lived with disability (YLDs) for 1160 sequelae of 289 diseases and injuries 1990-2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010Theo Vos
School of Population Health, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Lancet 380:2163-96. 2012..Neither effort quantified uncertainty in prevalence or years lived with disability (YLDs)...