Chee H Ng
Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- Serotonin transporter polymorphisms and clinical response to sertraline across ethnicitiesChee Hong Ng
Professorial Unit, The Melbourne Clinic, University of Melbourne, Australia
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 30:953-7. 2006..Comparison of the subjects with the 5HTTLPR s/s genotype and those with the l/l and l/s genotypes found no significant differences in the HDRS scores, CGI scores, response rates, adverse effects and SERT plasma concentrations at week 6...
- The ongoing development of community mental health services in Japan: utilizing strengths and opportunitiesChee Ng
Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne and St Vincent s Mental Health, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 18:57-62. 2010....
- Partnerships for community mental health in the Asia-Pacific: principles and best-practice models across different sectorsChee Ng
Australas Psychiatry 21:38-45. 2013..This paper summarizes the best-practice examples and principles of partnerships in community mental health across 17 Asia-Pacific countries...
- Medication attitudes and beliefs in patients with psychotic and affective disorders on maintenance treatmentChee Hong Ng
University of Melbourne, Department of Psychiatry, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hum Psychopharmacol 27:57-62. 2012..Patient attitudes and beliefs regarding the cost-benefits of medications may influence treatment adherence. However, beliefs and attitudes about psychotropic medications have not been well studied across different clinical populations...
- China-Australia training on psychosocial crisis intervention: response to the earthquake disaster in SichuanChee Ng
International Unit, Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne and St Vincent s Mental Health, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 17:51-5. 2009..This paper describes the AusAID-funded psychosocial training program conducted jointly by Chinese and Australian mental health facilitators in the wake of the devastating earthquake disaster in Sichuan...
- Prospective study of depressive symptoms and quality of life in acne vulgaris patients treated with isotretinoin compared to antibiotic and topical therapyChee H Ng
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Melbourne, The Melbourne Clinic, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 43:262-8. 2002..However, because of the study limitations, a larger study is needed to confirm the findings...
- A comparative study of sertraline dosages, plasma concentrations, efficacy and adverse reactions in Chinese versus Caucasian patientsChee Hong Ng
Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne, The Melbourne Clinic and St Vincent s Mental Health Service, Richmond, Victoria, Australia
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 21:87-92. 2006..Further studies of the dosages, kinetics and adverse effects of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors linked with genotyping are necessary...
- An inter-ethnic comparison study of clozapine dosage, clinical response and plasma levelsChee H Ng
Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne, Richmond, Victoria, Australia
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 20:163-8. 2005..Hence, appropriate dose adjustment should be considered in Asian patients receiving maintenance clozapine therapy in clinical practice...
- The emerging role of pharmacogenetics: implications for clinical psychiatryChee Hong Ng
The Melbourne Clinic, Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 38:483-9. 2004..This article aims to review the implications of pharmacogenetics for clinical psychiatry; these are discussed in the context of environmental and sociocultural factors...
- The association between depression and isotretinoin use in acneChee Hong Ng
Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 37:78-84. 2003..The purpose of this paper is to highlight this association, examine the possible link and review the clinical implications...
- Psychiatric education and training in AsiaBruce Singh
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Int Rev Psychiatry 20:413-8. 2008..The article concludes with an overview of common issues involving education and training across the region...
- A comparison of propofol and thiopentone use in electroconvulsive therapy: cognitive and efficacy effectsAnna Ingram
Department of Psychology, The University of Melbourne, Australia
J ECT 23:158-62. 2007..The purpose of this study was to compare thiopentone and propofol administration for electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) in terms of associated efficacy and cognitive side effects in the immediate and medium term...