J W Newbury
Affiliation: University of Adelaide
- A study protocol for applying the co-creating knowledge translation framework to a population health studyKathryn Powell
School of Population Health, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide 5005, Australia
Implement Sci 8:98. 2013..This is a new framework to facilitate knowledge formation collaboratively between researchers and communities throughout a research to intervention implementation process...
- Knowledge translation within a population health study: how do you do it?Alison Kitson
School of Nursing, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide 5005, Australia
Implement Sci 8:54. 2013..This paper argues for a clearly articulated collaborative KT approach to be embedded within the research design from the outset...
- The LINKIN Health Census process: design and implementationCatherine Elizabeth Hoon-Leahy
School of Population Health, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 12:321. 2012..Response was greater when face-to-face contact was made at delivery compared to when questionnaires were left in the letterbox (89% vs 64%), falling to 26% when no face-to-face contact was made at either delivery or collection...
- A randomised controlled trial of the outcome of health assessment of people aged 75 years and overJ W Newbury
Department of General Practice, Adelaide University, SA
Med J Aust 175:104-7. 2001..To measure the outcomes of a health assessment, conducted by a nurse, of people aged 75 years and older (75+HA) living independently in their own homes...
- Development of 'rural week' for medical students: impact and quality reportJonathan W Newbury
Spencer Gulf Rural Health School, Univeristy of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Rural Remote Health 5:432. 2005..The University of Adelaide has developed a rural week program for both first and second year students to fulfill part of this objective...
- Interactive videoconferencing system for rural health education: a preliminary reportJonathan Newbury
Spencer Gulf Rural Health School, The University of Adelaide and The University of South Australia, Nicholson Avenue, Whyalla, South Australia
Aust J Rural Health 12:157-9. 2004..To establish a videoconferencing network in a new Rural Clinical School...
- Recreational drug use within the employees of the mariculture and seafood industry in South AustraliaAlan R Evans
Spencer Gulf Rural Health School, University of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 24:67-8. 2005..The occupational health and safety implications of these findings in one of Australia's most dangerous industries are significant. Further research could inform the development of industry specific harm minimisation policies...
- A pilot study to evaluate Australian predictive equations for the impulse oscillometry systemWendy Newbury
Discipline of General Practice, School of Population Health and Clinical Practice, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Respirology 13:1070-5. 2008..However, these values are based on German data and no other Caucasian data or Australian normative data exist...
- Exploring the need to update lung age equationsWendy Newbury
Discipline of General Practice, School of Population Health and Clinical Practice, University of Adelaide, Australia
Prim Care Respir J 19:242-7. 2010..A renewed interest in lung age is evidenced by recent smoking cessation publications. This research compares the original Morris lung age equations (1985) with contemporary Australian lung age equations...
- Rural medical education: five medical students spend a year in rural Port Lincoln, AustraliaSue Baillie
Spencer Gulf Rural Health School, Port Lincoln, South Australia, Australia
Rural Remote Health 7:586. 2007..Annually a cohort of medical students from the University of Adelaide volunteer and are placed in various SGRHS 'learning centres' throughout rural South Australia for the 5th year of their medical training...
- Increasing rural activity and curriculum content in the Adelaide University Medical SchoolCaroline Laurence
South Australian Centre for Rural and Remote Health, Adelaide University and University of South Australia, Whyalla and Adelaide, and Department of General Practice, Adelaide University, Adelaide, South Australia
Aust J Rural Health 10:220-8. 2002....
- Malnutrition in older people--screening and management strategiesRenuka Visvanathan
Spencer Gulf Rural Health School, Department of Medicine, University of Adelaide, South Australia
Aust Fam Physician 33:799-805. 2004..Malnutrition in older people is not only common, but frequently overlooked. It can result in multiple medical complications, hospitalisation and even death...
- Rural clinician opinion on being a preceptorSusan J Shannon
Department of General Practice and Rural Health, Spencer Gulf Rural Health School, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Rural Remote Health 6:490. 2006....