Balakrishnan R Nair
Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- The effect of Baroque music on behavioural disturbances in patients with dementiaBalakrishnan Kichu Nair
Centre for Medical Professional Development, Hunter New England Area Health Service, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Australas J Ageing 30:11-5. 2011..To study the effect of Baroque music in people with dementia...
- A systematic approach to workplace-based assessment for international medical graduatesBalakrishnan R Nair
University of Newcastle, Centre for Medical Professional Development, and Department of Respiratory and Sleep Medicine, John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle, NSW
Med J Aust 196:399-402. 2012..To test whether a summative workplace-based assessment (WBA) is feasible and acceptable for international medical graduates (IMGs)...
- Switched onBalakrishnan R Nair
Centre for Medical Professional Development, John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 191:695. 2009..If you want a challenge, and need a laugh, try a day as a hospital switchboard operator!..
- The mini clinical evaluation exercise (mini-CEX) for assessing clinical performance of international medical graduatesBalakrishnan R Nair
University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 189:159-61. 2008..To evaluate the feasibility, reliability and acceptability of the mini clinical evaluation exercise (mini-CEX) for performance assessment among international medical graduates (IMGs)...
- Evidence-based physicians' dressing: a crossover trialBalakrishnan R Nair
Department of Geriatric Medicine, John Hunter Hospital, Hunter Region Mail Centre, NSW
Med J Aust 177:681-2. 2002..To describe the effect of physicians' dress on patient confidence and trust...
- Change: imposed and desired in health-professional education. 30th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Australian and New Zealand Association for Medical Education, Sydney, 5-8 July 2002Balakrishnan R Nair
Geriatric Medicine, University of Newcastle and John Hunter Hospital, Locked Bag No 1, Hunter Region Mail Centre, NSW 2310
Med J Aust 178:152-3. 2003
- Generating pre-test probabilities: a neglected area in clinical decision makingJohn R Attia
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Level 3, David Maddison Building, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW 2300, Australia
Med J Aust 180:449-54. 2004..The development and dissemination of clinical decision rules is needed to support decision making by practising clinicians...
- Peer physical examination: time to revisit?Suzanne Outram
School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 189:274-6. 2008..PPE may be less acceptable among culturally and linguistically diverse students. In the light of our findings and the published literature, best practice points are described...
- Patient-oxygen dissociation curves: surveying the spectrum of oxygen-delivery methodsJohn R Attia
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW
Med J Aust 181:677-8. 2004..To describe the spectrum of oxygen-delivery methods...
- Randomised controlled trial of health assessments for older Australian veterans and war widowsJulie E Byles
Centre for Research and Education in Ageing, Faculty of Health, Room 266 DMB, Royal Newcastle Hospital, Newcastle, NSW 2300, Australia
Med J Aust 181:186-90. 2004..To assess the effect of home-based health assessments for older Australians on health-related quality of life, hospital and nursing home admissions, and death...
- Better management of cardiovascular diseases by pulse wave velocity: combining clinical practice with clinical research using evidence-based medicineAli R Khoshdel
Department of Nephrology, John Hunter Hospital, The University of Newcastle, NSW 2310, Australia
Clin Med Res 5:45-52. 2007..Furthermore, the above risk estimates could be incorporated into currently used cardiac risk scores to improve their predictive power and facilitate the clinical application of PWV...
- Reforming medical education to enhance the management of chronic diseaseBalakrishnan R Nair
Division of Geriatric Medicine, John Hunter Hospital, New Lambton, NSW
Med J Aust 179:257-9. 2003..These include a transfer of clinical teaching to community and nursing home settings and the development of interdisciplinary teaching...
- Primary stroke prevention: refining the "high risk" approachChristopher R Levi
Med J Aust 176:303-4. 2002