Balakrishnan Kichu R Nair
Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- Interns are from Venus, consultants are from Mars: differential perception among cliniciansBalakrishnan Kichu R Nair
John Hunter Hospital, Division of Geriatric Medicine, HRMC NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 179:659-61. 2003..To test for the presence of sex-based differences in perception (the notion that men and women "think" differently, and that differences in perception are biologically based) among healthcare professionals...
- Advance care planning in residential careB Nair
Division of Geriatric Medicine, John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle, NSW
Aust N Z J Med 30:339-43. 2000..Overseas data suggest that the process of ACP and the use of advance care directives (ACD) is suboptimal in residential care institutions. By comparison there are few Australian data...
- Evidence-based physicians' dressing: a crossover trialBalakrishnan R Nair
Department of Geriatric Medicine, John Hunter Hospital, Hunter Region Mail Centre, NSW
Med J Aust 177:681-2. 2002..To describe the effect of physicians' dress on patient confidence and trust...
- Change: imposed and desired in health-professional education. 30th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Australian and New Zealand Association for Medical Education, Sydney, 5-8 July 2002Balakrishnan R Nair
Geriatric Medicine, University of Newcastle and John Hunter Hospital, Locked Bag No 1, Hunter Region Mail Centre, NSW 2310
Med J Aust 178:152-3. 2003
- Reforming medical education to enhance the management of chronic diseaseBalakrishnan R Nair
Division of Geriatric Medicine, John Hunter Hospital, New Lambton, NSW
Med J Aust 179:257-9. 2003..These include a transfer of clinical teaching to community and nursing home settings and the development of interdisciplinary teaching...