Affiliation: University of South Australia
- The case management practices of community mental health nurses: 'Doing the best we can'E Muir-Cochrane
School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
Aust N Z J Ment Health Nurs 10:210-20. 2001..The implications of these findings and recommendations for further evaluative investigations into the nature of case management practices are discussed...
- Medical co-morbidity risk factors and barriers to care for people with schizophreniaE Muir-Cochrane
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Division of Health Sciences, University of South Australia, City East Campus, Adelaide, Australia
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 13:447-52. 2006..This paper explores risk factors for medical co-morbidity for people living with schizophrenia and suggests strategies that can facilitate better health outcomes...
- An investigation into nurses' perceptions of secluding patients on closed psychiatric wardsE Muir-Cochrane
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia
J Adv Nurs 23:555-63. 1996....
- Midwives and assessment of perinatal mental healthK McCauley
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Monash University, Frankston, Australia
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 18:786-95. 2011..The future direction for improving maternity care will require midwives to assess mental health needs of women, and refer them on, for timely intervention. It is critical midwives are prepared and able to make this kind of assessment...
- Therapeutic interventions associated with seclusion of acutely disturbed individualsE Muir-Cochrane
Faculty of Nursing, University of South Australia, Adelaide
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 3:319-25. 1996..Considerations for further study on the topic of seclusion are presented...