Janna L Morrison
Affiliation: University of Adelaide
- Maternal fluoxetine infusion does not alter fetal endocrine and biophysical circadian rhythms in pregnant sheepJanna L Morrison
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, BC Research Institute for Children s and Women s Health, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Soc Gynecol Investig 12:356-64. 2005..We have therefore investigated the effect of chronic administration of FX on maternal and fetal circadian rhythms in sheep...
- Fluoxetine during pregnancy: impact on fetal developmentJanna L Morrison
Discipline of Physiology, School of Molecular and Biomedical Science, Centre for the Early Origins of Adult Disease, University of Adelaide, Australia
Reprod Fertil Dev 17:641-50. 2005..This should involve studies in both humans and appropriate animal models...
- Chronic maternal fluoxetine infusion in pregnant sheep: effects on the maternal and fetal hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axesJanna L Morrison
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, British Columbia Research Institute for Children s and Women s Health, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Pediatr Res 56:40-6. 2004..These results are of particular interest in the context that exposure of the fetus to excess glucocorticoids at critical windows during development has been shown to increase the risk of poor health outcomes in later life...
- Cerebral blood flow during spontaneous and cholinergically induced behavioral states in the sheep fetusJanna L Morrison
CIHR Group in Fetal and Neonatal Health and Development, University of Western Ontario, Lawson Health Research Institute, St Joseph s Health Centre, London, Ontario, N6A 4V2, Canada
Pediatr Res 57:667-73. 2005..This study shows that inducing extended periods of a desired fetal behavioral state is possible and that this method may be used to study their function...
- Embryo number and periconceptional undernutrition in the sheep have differential effects on adrenal epigenotype, growth, and developmentOlivia Williams-Wyss
Discipline of Physiology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia Sansom Institute for Health Research, School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 307:E141-50. 2014..Thus, exposure of the oocyte and embryo to maternal undernutrition or to the environment of a twin pregnancy have differential effects on epigenetic and other factors that regulate fetal adrenal growth and IGF2 and IGF2R expression. ..
- Restriction of placental growth results in greater hypotensive response to alpha-adrenergic blockade in fetal sheep during late gestationLi Danielson
Centre for the Early Origins of Adult Health, Discipline of Physiology, School of Molecular and Biomedical Sciences, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
J Physiol 563:611-20. 2005....
- Early origins of heart disease: low birth weight and the role of the insulin-like growth factor system in cardiac hypertrophyKimberley C W Wang
Early Origins of Adult Health Research Group, Sansom Institute for Health Research, School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 39:958-64. 2012..The persistent high level of cardiac IGF-2R gene expression from fetal to postnatal life may be due to epigenetic changes in key cardiac hypertrophy regulatory pathways...
- Impact and mechanisms of fetal physiological programmingJeffrey Schwartz
Discipline of Physiology, School of Molecular and Biomedical Science, University of Adelaide, Adelaide SA 5005, Australia
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 288:R11-5. 2005
- Impact of maternal overnutrition on gluconeogenic factors and methylation of the phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase promoter in the fetal and postnatal liverLeewen Rattanatray
1 School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences, Sansom Institute for Health Research, University of South Australia, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia 2 Discipline of Physiology, School of Molecular and Biomedical Science, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Pediatr Res 75:14-21. 2014....
- Second-harmonic generation and two-photon-excited autofluorescence microscopy of cardiomyocytes: quantification of cell volume and myosin filamentsSamuel J Wallace
University of Adelaide, School of Chemistry and Physics, Adelaide, South Australia, 5005, Australia
J Biomed Opt 13:064018. 2008..In short, we demonstrate that advanced nonlinear optical microscopy can be used to answer key physiological questions in the early origins of adult health with increased accuracy and speed compared to previously used methods...
- Sheep models of intrauterine growth restriction: fetal adaptations and consequencesJanna L Morrison
Early Origins of Adult Health Research Group, Sansom Institute, School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences, University of South Australia, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 35:730-43. 2008....
- Developmental origins of adult health and disease: the role of periconceptional and foetal nutritionI Caroline McMillen
Early Origins of Adult Health Research Group, Sansom Research Institute, School of Pharmacy and Medical Science, University of South Australia, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 102:82-9. 2008..In this context, the physiological responses to relative overnutrition in early life may directly contribute to an intergenerational cycle of obesity...
- GABAA receptor antagonism at the hypoglossal motor nucleus increases genioglossus muscle activity in NREM but not REM sleepJanna L Morrison
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Canada M5S 1A8
J Physiol 548:569-83. 2003....
- Role of inhibitory amino acids in control of hypoglossal motor outflow to genioglossus muscle in naturally sleeping ratsJanna L Morrison
Departments of Medicine and Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada M5S 1A8
J Physiol 552:975-91. 2003....
- Glycine at hypoglossal motor nucleus: genioglossus activity, CO(2) responses, and the additive effects of GABAJanna L Morrison
Departments of Medicine and Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A8
J Appl Physiol 93:1786-96. 2002..It remains to be determined whether the recruitment of such glycine and GABA mechanisms explains the periods of major GG suppression in behaviors such as rapid eye movement sleep...