Affiliation: University of Queensland
- Both beta(2)- and beta(1)-adrenergic receptors mediate hastened relaxation and phosphorylation of phospholamban and troponin I in ventricular myocardium of Fallot infants, consistent with selective coupling of beta(2)-adrenergic receptors to G(s)-proteinP Molenaar
Department of Medicine, The Prince Charles Hospital, University of Queensland, Australia
Circulation 102:1814-21. 2000..We compared the effects of stimulation of beta(1)- and beta(2)-adrenergic receptors on relaxation and phosphorylation of phospholamban and troponin I in ventricle obtained from infants with tetralogy of Fallot...
- The human heart endothelin system: ET-1 synthesis, storage, release and effectF D Russell
Department of Medicine, University of Queensland, The Prince Charles Hospital, Chermside, Queensland 4032, Australia
Trends Pharmacol Sci 21:353-9. 2000..The endothelin system might directly support the failing heart but might also contribute to its pathology, providing a basis for the therapeutic use of endothelin receptor antagonists...
- Cardiostimulant effects of urotensin-II in human heart in vitroF D Russell
The National Heart Foundation and Prince Charles Hospital Foundation Cardiovascular Research Centre, Department of Medicine, The Prince Charles Hospital, Chermside, Queensland 4032, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 132:5-9. 2001..hU-II (20 nM) increased tone (17.9% of the response to 90 mM KCI) in 7/7 tissues from 1 patient, with no response detected in 8/8 tissues from 2 patients. hU-II is a potent cardiac stimulant with low efficacy...
- Human heart beta-adrenoceptors: beta1-adrenoceptor diversification through 'affinity states' and polymorphismP Molenaar
Department of Medicine, The University of Queensland, The Prince Charles Hospital, Chermside, Queensland, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 34:1020-8. 2007..Upon segregation of patients into Arg389Gly-beta(1)-adrenoceptors, it was found that carvedilol caused a greater increase in left ventricular ejection faction in patients carrying the Arg389 allele with Arg389Arg > Arg389Gly > Gly389Gly...
- Validity of (-)-[3H]-CGP 12177A as a radioligand for the 'putative beta4-adrenoceptor' in rat atriumD Sarsero
Department of Pharmacology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 123:371-80. 1998..The stereoselective interaction with the catecholamines provides further support for the classification of the receptor as 'putative beta 4-adrenoceptor'...