Genomes and Genes
Pierre D J Moens
Affiliation: University of New England
- Profilin binding to sub-micellar concentrations of phosphatidylinositol (4,5) bisphosphate and phosphatidylinositol (3,4,5) trisphosphatePierre D J Moens
School of Biological, Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, The University of New England, Armidale, NSW 2351 Australia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1768:439-49. 2007..Despite the low affinity for sub-micellar concentration of PI(4,5)P(2), profilin was shown to bind to giant unilamellar vesicles in presence of 0.5% mole fraction of PI(4,5)P(2) The implications of these findings are discussed...
- Plant-extract-induced changes in the proteome of the soil-borne pathogenic fungus Thielaviopsis basicolaJoëlle V F Coumans
Molecular and Cellular Biology, School of Science and Technology, University of New England, Armidale, NSW, Australia
Proteomics 10:1573-91. 2010..basicola response to components present in hairy vetch extract, and finally, three spots, induced in the presence of lupin extract, may correspond to malic enzyme and be involved in lipid accumulation...
- Oligomeric state and mode of self-association of Thermotoga maritima ribosomal stalk protein L12 in solutionPierre D J Moens
School of Biological, Biomedical, and Molecular Sciences, The University of New England, Armidale, New South Wales 2351, Australia
Biochemistry 44:3298-305. 2005..coli system. The exchange rate increases with increasing temperature and approaches the one observed for the E. coli system at 50 degrees C. Possible factors responsible for this difference are discussed...
- Fluorescence: basic concepts, practical aspects, and some anecdotesDavid M Jameson
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu 96822, USA
Methods Enzymol 360:1-43. 2003..probes.com) are also rich sources of useful information. Finally, any reader with a question or seeking advice on some topic related to fluorescence is welcome to e-mail D.M.J. at firstname.lastname@example.org...
- Detection of tryptophan to tryptophan energy transfer in proteinsPierre D J Moens
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Hawaii at Manoa, 1960 East West Road, Honolulu, Hawaii 96822, USA
Protein J 23:79-83. 2004..In single tryptophan systems, the 310/295 ratios are generally below 2 whereas in multi-tryptophan systems, the 310/295 ratios can be greater than 3...