Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Florey Neuroscience Institutes
Location: Melbourne, Australia
- L-selectin and intercellular adhesion molecule 1 mediate lymphocyte migration to the inflamed airway/lung during an allergic inflammatory response in an animal model of asthmaE Keramidaris
Department of Immunology, Royal Children's Hospital, Flemington Rd, Parkville, VIC 3052, Australia
J Allergy Clin Immunol 107:734-8. 2001..8% +/- 1.8%, P =.002). These findings demonstrate clear roles for both L-selectin and ICAM-1 in lymphocyte migration to the lung during an allergic inflammatory response, with ICAM-1 playing a greater role...
- Role of cytokines as mediators and regulators of microglial activity in inflammatory demyelination of the CNSTobias D Merson
Florey Neuroscience Institutes, Centre for Neuroscience, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Vic, 3010, Australia
Neuromolecular Med 12:99-132. 2010....
- Modulation of bone morphogenic protein signalling alters numbers of astrocytes and oligodendroglia in the subventricular zone during cuprizone-induced demyelinationHolly S Cate
Centre for Neuroscience, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Neurochem 115:11-22. 2010..Our results suggest that lineage commitment of SVZ neural precursor cells is altered during demyelination and that BMP signalling plays a role in this process...
- p75 neurotrophin receptor expression defines a population of BDNF-responsive neurogenic precursor cellsKaylene M Young
Queensland Brain Institute, The University of Queensland, Brisbane QLD 4072, Australia
J Neurosci 27:5146-55. 2007....
- The transcriptional coactivator Querkopf controls adult neurogenesisTobias D Merson
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
J Neurosci 26:11359-70. 2006..Together, our data show that Qkf is essential for normal adult neurogenesis...
- Suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 limits protection of leukemia inhibitory factor receptor signaling against central demyelinationBen Emery
Department of Neurobiology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:7859-64. 2006..These results indicate that modulation of SOCS3 expression could facilitate the endogenous response to CNS injury...
- SOCS3 negatively regulates LIF signaling in neural precursor cellsB Emery
Multiple Sclerosis Group, The Howard Florey Institute, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Mol Cell Neurosci 31:739-47. 2006..However, the clonal potential of SOCS3WT/WT but not SOCS3KO/KO NPCs is enhanced by exogenous LIF. Thus, SOCS3 acts as a negative regulator of LIF signaling in NPCs...
- Development of hydrocephalus in mice lacking SOCS7Danielle L Krebs
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, 1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:15446-51. 2004..In situ hybridization studies revealed prominent expression of Socs7 in the brain, suggestive of an important functional role of SOCS7 in this organ...
- Genetic and physical interactions between Microphthalmia transcription factor and PU.1 are necessary for osteoclast gene expression and differentiationA Luchin
Department of Molecular Genetics, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 276:36703-10. 2001..Taken in total, the results afford an example of how lineage-specific gene regulation can be achieved by the combinatorial action of two broadly expressed transcription factors...
- Gene network disruptions and neurogenesis defects in the adult Ts1Cje mouse model of Down syndromeChelsee A Hewitt
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Australia
PLoS ONE 5:e11561. 2010..Down syndrome (DS) individuals suffer mental retardation with further cognitive decline and early onset Alzheimer's disease...