- Contrasting physiological responses of six eucalyptus species to water deficit
School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Ann Bot 100:1507-15. 2007
..The study tests the hypothesis that differences in the distribution of Eucalyptus species is related to cellular water relations...
- Site-specific responses to short-term environmental variation are reflected in leaf and phloem-sap carbon isotopic abundance of field grown Eucalyptus globulus
Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Physiol Plant 146:448-59. 2012
..Our results highlight that such easily characterized properties are ideal for use as minimally invasive tools to monitor growth and resilience of plants to variations in resource availability...
- Relations of sugar composition and delta 13C in phloem sap to growth and physiological performance of Eucalyptus globulus (Labill)
Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Plant Cell Environ 33:1361-8. 2010
..Taken together, the delta(13)C and concentrations of specific sugars in phloem sap provide significant insights to functions supporting growth at the tree, site and landscape scale...
- Targeted metabolite profiling provides a functional link among eucalypt taxonomy, physiology and evolution
Institute of Land and Food Resource, School of Forest Ecosystem Science, The University of Melbourne, Water Street, Creswick, VIC 3363, Australia
Phytochemistry 67:402-8. 2006
..The distribution of cyclitols among Eucalyptus species, and a range of other Australian tree genera, support their proposed functions in plant tissues and provide putative links with the acclimation of trees to arid environments...
- Cyclitols and carbohydrates in leaves and roots of 13 Eucalyptus species suggest contrasting physiological responses to water deficit
School of Forest and Ecosystem Science, The University of Melbourne, Water St, Creswick, Victoria 3363, Australia
Plant Cell Environ 29:2017-29. 2006
..These physiological response groups are also related to taxonomic groups within the genus...
- Effects of environmental parameters, leaf physiological properties and leaf water relations on leaf water delta18O enrichment in different Eucalyptus species
Center for Stable Isotope Biogeochemistry, Department of Integrative Biology, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
Plant Cell Environ 31:738-51. 2008
..Obtaining such information will significantly improve our understanding of what ultimately determines the delta18O values of leaf water across different plant species...
- Quercitol and osmotic adaptation of field-grown Eucalyptus under seasonal drought stress
Stefan K Arndt
School of Forest and Ecosystem Science, The University of Melbourne, 500 Yarra Boulevard, Richmond, VIC 3121, Australia
Plant Cell Environ 31:915-24. 2008
..astringens is both morphologically and physiologically 'plastic' in response to growth environment, and that osmotic adjustment is only one part of a complex strategy employed by this species to tolerate drought...
- Leaf osmotic potential of Eucalyptus hybrids responds differently to freezing and drought, with little clonal variation
Andrew N Callister
School of Forest and Ecosystem Science, University of Melbourne, Water Street, Creswick, Vic, Australia
Tree Physiol 28:1297-304. 2008
..We conclude that, for the study species, tree improvement under water-limited conditions should concentrate on direct selection for growth rather than on indirect selection based on osmotic potential...