Affiliation: University of Western Sydney
- Paid attendant carers hold important and unexpected roles which contribute to the lives of people with brain injuryA McCluskey
University of Western Sydney Macarthur, Campbelltown, NSW, Australia
Brain Inj 14:943-57. 2000..Despite this considerable responsibility, most carers receive little support or training and their roles are often ill-defined. This exploratory study set out to define the key roles of paid carers...
- Providing education on evidence-based practice improved knowledge but did not change behaviour: a before and after studyAnnie McCluskey
School of Exercise and Health Sciences, University of Western Sydney, Campbelltown Campus, Blg 24, Locked Bag 1797, Penrith South DC, New South Wales 1797, Australia
BMC Med Educ 5:40. 2005..The aim of this before and after study was to evaluate the effect of a multifaceted intervention on the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviour of allied health professionals...
- Development and psychometric testing of the Clinician Readiness for Measuring Outcomes ScaleJulia Bowman
School of Biomedical and Health Sciences, College of Health and Science, University of Western Sydney, Australia
J Eval Clin Pract 15:76-84. 2009..However, individuals need to be ready to change and often move through several stages before practice change is observed...
- Australian occupational therapists' use of an online evidence-based practice database (OTseeker)Kryss McKenna
Division of Occupational Therapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Queensland, QLD, Australia
Health Info Libr J 22:205-14. 2005..OTseeker (http://www.otseeker.com), an electronic evidence database, was introduced in 2003 to assist occupational therapists to locate and interpret research...
- Appraising the quality of randomized controlled trials: inter-rater reliability for the OTseeker evidence databaseLeigh Tooth
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, QLD, Australia
J Eval Clin Pract 11:547-55. 2005..RCTs are critically appraised and rated for quality using the 'PEDro' scale. We aimed to investigate the inter-rater reliability of the PEDro scale before and after revising rating guidelines...
- Introducing OTseeker (Occupational Therapy Systematic Evaluation of Evidence): a new evidence database for occupational therapistsSally Bennett
Department of Occupational Therapy, University of Queensland, Queensland 4072, Australia
Am J Occup Ther 57:635-8. 2003....
- Searches and content of the OTseeker database: informing research prioritiesSally Bennett
Division of Occupational Therapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Services, University of Queensland, Australia
Am J Occup Ther 60:524-30. 2006..This study aimed to identify research topics most often sought by users of the OTseeker database and to compare these with the quantity of topics available in the database...
- Feasibility and results of a randomised pilot-study of pre-discharge occupational therapy home visitsNatasha Anne Lannin
Rehabilitation Studies Unit, The University of Sydney, PO Box 6, Ryde, New South Wales 2112, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 7:42. 2007..The aims of this study were to investigate the feasibility of a randomised controlled trial in a clinical setting and the effect of pre-discharge home visits on functional performance in older people undergoing rehabilitation...
- Interventions for stroke rehabilitation: analysis of the research contained in the OTseeker evidence databaseTammy Hoffmann
Division of Occupational Therapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Top Stroke Rehabil 15:341-50. 2008..To analyse the stroke content in OTseeker in terms of the quantity of the research evidence, the quality of the randomised controlled trials (RCTs), and the types of interventions and outcome measures used...
- The value of an evidence database for occupational therapists: an international online surveySally Bennett
Division of Occupational Therapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Queensland, QLD 4072, Australia
Int J Med Inform 76:507-13. 2007..otseeker.com) was designed for use by occupational therapists. The database is free, and contains citations and abstracts of systematic reviews, and critically appraised randomized controlled trials relevant to occupational therapy...