Affiliation: University of Western Australia
- The impact of mental illness on potentially preventable hospitalisations: a population-based cohort studyQun Mai
School of Population Health, The University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, WA, 6009, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 11:163. 2011..To test this, we compared mental health clients (MHCs) with non-MHCs on potentially preventable hospitalisations (PPHs) as an indicator of the quality of primary care received...
- Mental illness related disparities in diabetes prevalence, quality of care and outcomes: a population-based longitudinal studyQun Mai
School of Population Health, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, Australia
BMC Med 9:118. 2011..Health care disparity is a public health challenge. We compared the prevalence of diabetes, quality of care and outcomes between mental health clients (MHCs) and non-MHCs...
- Do users of mental health services lack access to general practitioner services?Qun Mai
University of Western Australia, Perth, WA, Australia
Med J Aust 192:501-6. 2010..To compare rates of visits to a general practitioner between users and non-users of mental health services (MHS)...
- How effective is in vitro fertilization, and how can it be improved?Louise M Stewart
School of Population Health, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, Western Australia, Australia
Fertil Steril 95:1677-83. 2011..To measure IVF effectiveness, which is defined as the cumulative incidence of live delivery over real time in women after commencing IVF treatment...
- Impact of laparoscopic cholecystectomy on hospital utilizationMichael S Hobbs
School of Population Health, Fremantle Hospital, University of Western Australia, Western Australia, Australia
ANZ J Surg 74:222-8. 2004..The objective of the present study was to assess the impact of laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) and associated endoscopic retrograde pancreatography (ERCP) on hospital utilization...