Affiliation: University of Sydney
- Reliable assessment of the effects of treatment on mortality and major morbidity, II: observational studiesS MacMahon
Institute for International Health, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Lancet 357:455-62. 2001....
- Chronic suppurative osteomyelitis of the mandible: case reportS C Yeoh
Oral Medicine Oral Pathology, Department of Oral Medical and Surgical Sciences, Westmead Centre for Oral Health, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, NSW
Aust Dent J 50:200-3. 2005..The precipitant factor was thought to be a retained tooth root in the (right) posterior body of the mandible...
- Cholesterol, coronary heart disease, and stroke in the Asia Pacific regionX Zhang
Int J Epidemiol 32:563-72. 2003..Whether the associations between total cholesterol and cardiovascular diseases are similar in Asia is not established...
- The effects of diabetes on the risks of major cardiovascular diseases and death in the Asia-Pacific regionM Woodward
Diabetes Care 26:360-6. 2003..To provide reliable age- and region-specific estimates of the associations between diabetes and major cardiovascular diseases and death in populations from the Asia-Pacific region...
- Cigarette smoking, systolic blood pressure, and cardiovascular diseases in the Asia-Pacific regionKoshi Nakamura
Nutrition and Lifestyle Division, The George Institute for International Health, PO Box M201, Missenden Road, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
Stroke 39:1694-702. 2008..If these 2 risk factors have a synergistic impact on cardiovascular events, lowering BP and quitting smoking will contribute more to reducing CVD than would be expected from ignoring their interaction...
- High prevalence of chronic kidney disease in ThailandV Perkovic
George Institute for International Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Kidney Int 73:473-9. 2008..This high prevalence of chronic kidney disease in Thailand has obvious implications for the health of its citizens and for the allocation of health-care resources...
- A comparison of the associations between seven hemostatic or inflammatory variables and coronary heart diseaseM Woodward
Division of Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
J Thromb Haemost 5:1795-800. 2007..This study examines their associations with inflammatory markers [C-reactive protein (CRP) and interleukin-6 (IL-6)] and the effect of adjustment on their associations with CHD risk...
- Blood pressure-dependent and independent effects of agents that inhibit the renin-angiotensin systemF Turnbull
George Institute for International Health, University of Sydney, PO Box M201, Missenden Road, Sydney, NSW 2050, Australia
J Hypertens 25:951-8. 2007..To evaluate the blood pressure-dependent and independent effects of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEI) and angiotensin receptor blockers (ARB) on major cardiovascular events...
- Effects of different regimens to lower blood pressure on major cardiovascular events in older and younger adults: meta-analysis of randomised trialsF Turnbull
George Institute for International Health, University of Sydney, PO Box M201, Sydney, NSW 2050, Australia
BMJ 336:1121-3. 2008..To quantify the relative risk reductions achieved with different regimens to lower blood pressure in younger and older adults...
- Hypertension--time to move onS MacMahon
The George Institute for International Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Lancet 365:1108-9. 2005
- Pregnancy and leg ulcerationN Walker
J Wound Care 13:20. 2004
- Motor vehicle driver injury and marital status: a cohort study with prospective and retrospective driver injuriesG Whitlock
Clinical Trials Research Unit, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Inj Prev 10:33-6. 2004..To investigate the association of marital status with risk of motor vehicle driver injury...
- Effects of a perindopril-based blood pressure-lowering regimen on the risk of recurrent stroke according to stroke subtype and medical history: the PROGRESS TrialN Chapman
St Mary s Hospital, London, UK
Stroke 35:116-21. 2004..Here, we report the consistency of treatment effects across different stroke subtypes and among major clinical subgroups...
- Effects of a perindopril-based blood pressure-lowering regimen on disability and dependency in 6105 patients with cerebrovascular disease: a randomized controlled trialM Fransen
Institute for International Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Stroke 34:2333-8. 2003..We sought to quantify the effects of blood pressure lowering on long-term disability and dependency among patients with cerebrovascular disease...
- Motor vehicle driver injury and socioeconomic status: a cohort study with prospective and retrospective driver injuriesG Whitlock
Clinical Trials Research Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Auckland, New Zealand
J Epidemiol Community Health 57:512-6. 2003..To investigate the association between motor vehicle driver injury and socioeconomic status...
- Blood pressure and cardiovascular disease in the Asia Pacific regionC M M Lawes
J Hypertens 21:707-16. 2003..To estimate age-, sex- and region-specific associations of blood pressure with cardiovascular diseases...
- The New Zealand Blood Donors' Health Study: baseline findings of a large prospective cohort study of injuryS N Ameratunga
Division of Community Health, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Inj Prev 8:66-9. 2002..Cohort studies have contributed important scientific knowledge regarding the determinants of chronic diseases. Despite the need for etiologic investigations, this design has been infrequently used in injury prevention research...
- Intensive blood glucose control and vascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetesAnushka Patel
N Engl J Med 358:2560-72. 2008..In patients with type 2 diabetes, the effects of intensive glucose control on vascular outcomes remain uncertain...