Karen L MacKenzie
Affiliation: University of New South Wales
- Multiple stages of malignant transformation of human endothelial cells modelled by co-expression of telomerase reverse transcriptase, SV40 T antigen and oncogenic N-rasKaren L MacKenzie
James Ewing Laboratory of Developmental Haematopoiesis and Department of Human Genetics, Sloan Kettering Cancer Institute, New York, NY, USA
Oncogene 21:4200-11. 2002..This model will be useful for understanding mechanisms underlying vascular and angiogenic neoplasias, as well as for testing drugs designed to curtail aberrant EC growth...
- Osteopetrotic mouse stroma with thrombopoietin, c-kit ligand, and flk-2 ligand supports long-term mobilized CD34+ hematopoiesis in vitroPierre Feugier
James Ewing Laboratory of Developmental Hematopoiesis, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Stem Cells Dev 14:505-16. 2005....
- Methotrexate selection of long-term culture initiating cells following transduction of CD34(+) cells with a retrovirus containing a mutated human dihydrofolate reductase geneNaoko Takebe
Program of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cancer Gene Ther 9:308-20. 2002..These are the first investigations to demonstrate selection for transduced long-term culture initiating cells using MTX. The DHFR/MTX system holds promise for improving selection of gene-transduced hematopoietic progenitor cells in vivo...
- Ex vivo expansion of stem and progenitor cells in co-culture of mobilized peripheral blood CD34+ cells on human endothelium transfected with adenovectors expressing thrombopoietin, c-kit ligand, and Flt-3 ligandPierre Feugier
James Ewing Laboratory of Developmental Hematopoiesis, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, Box 101, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Hematother Stem Cell Res 11:127-38. 2002....
- Limited proliferation and telomere dysfunction following telomerase inhibition in immortal murine fibroblastsJessica Boklan
James Ewing Laboratory of Developmental Hematopoiesis, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cancer Res 62:2104-14. 2002..Moreover, the murine model used here should prove useful in further evaluating telomerase inhibition as an anticancer therapy...
- The AML1-ETO fusion protein promotes the expansion of human hematopoietic stem cellsJames C Mulloy
Laboratory of Molecular Hematopoiesis, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY, USA
Blood 99:15-23. 2002..Thus, AML1-ETO enhances the self-renewal of pluripotent stem cells, the physiological target of many acute myeloid leukemias...
- Dexamethasone resistance in B-cell precursor childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia occurs downstream of ligand-induced nuclear translocation of the glucocorticoid receptorPetra S Bachmann
Children s Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, PO Box 81, High Street, Randwick, NSW 2031, Australia
Blood 105:2519-26. 2005..These results show that dexamethasone resistance in BCP ALL xenografts occurs downstream of ligand-induced nuclear translocation of the GR, but upstream of Bim induction...
- Mutant N-ras preferentially drives human CD34+ hematopoietic progenitor cells into myeloid differentiation and proliferation both in vitro and in the NOD/SCID mouseSylvie W Shen
Children s Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, Randwick, NSW, Australia
Exp Hematol 32:852-60. 2004..In the present study we investigated the effect of N-rasm in human primary hematopoietic progenitor cells (HPC)...
- Inactivation of p16INK4a, with retention of pRB and p53/p21cip1 function, in human MRC5 fibroblasts that overcome a telomere-independent crisis during immortalizationLisa M Taylor
Children s Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, Randwick, New South Wales 2031
J Biol Chem 279:43634-45. 2004..Overall, these results implicate the inactivation of p16INK4a as a critical event for overcoming telomere-independent crisis, immortalizing MRC5 fibroblasts and overcoming ras-induced premature senescence...
- Characterization of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia xenograft models for the preclinical evaluation of new therapiesNatalia L M Liem
Children s Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, Sydney, Australia
Blood 103:3905-14. 2004..As such, they provide powerful experimental models to prioritize new therapeutic strategies for future clinical trials...
- Telomere-driven karyotypic complexity concurs with p16INK4a inactivation in TP53-competent immortal endothelial cellsVictoria W Wen
Children s Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia
Cancer Res 66:10691-700. 2006..These investigations provide new insight to the role of p16(INK4a) as a tumor suppressor...