Karen L MacKenzie
Affiliation: University of New South Wales
- Multiple stages of malignant transformation of human endothelial cells modelled by co-expression of telomerase reverse transcriptase, SV40 T antigen and oncogenic N-rasKaren L MacKenzie
James Ewing Laboratory of Developmental Haematopoiesis and Department of Human Genetics, Sloan Kettering Cancer Institute, New York, NY, USA
Oncogene 21:4200-11. 2002..This model will be useful for understanding mechanisms underlying vascular and angiogenic neoplasias, as well as for testing drugs designed to curtail aberrant EC growth...
- Osteopetrotic mouse stroma with thrombopoietin, c-kit ligand, and flk-2 ligand supports long-term mobilized CD34+ hematopoiesis in vitroPierre Feugier
James Ewing Laboratory of Developmental Hematopoiesis, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Stem Cells Dev 14:505-16. 2005....
- Methotrexate selection of long-term culture initiating cells following transduction of CD34(+) cells with a retrovirus containing a mutated human dihydrofolate reductase geneNaoko Takebe
Program of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cancer Gene Ther 9:308-20. 2002..These are the first investigations to demonstrate selection for transduced long-term culture initiating cells using MTX. The DHFR/MTX system holds promise for improving selection of gene-transduced hematopoietic progenitor cells in vivo...
- Ex vivo expansion of stem and progenitor cells in co-culture of mobilized peripheral blood CD34+ cells on human endothelium transfected with adenovectors expressing thrombopoietin, c-kit ligand, and Flt-3 ligandPierre Feugier
James Ewing Laboratory of Developmental Hematopoiesis, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, Box 101, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Hematother Stem Cell Res 11:127-38. 2002....
- Limited proliferation and telomere dysfunction following telomerase inhibition in immortal murine fibroblastsJessica Boklan
James Ewing Laboratory of Developmental Hematopoiesis, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cancer Res 62:2104-14. 2002..Moreover, the murine model used here should prove useful in further evaluating telomerase inhibition as an anticancer therapy...
- The AML1-ETO fusion protein promotes the expansion of human hematopoietic stem cellsJames C Mulloy
Laboratory of Molecular Hematopoiesis, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY, USA
Blood 99:15-23. 2002..Thus, AML1-ETO enhances the self-renewal of pluripotent stem cells, the physiological target of many acute myeloid leukemias...
- Dexamethasone resistance in B-cell precursor childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia occurs downstream of ligand-induced nuclear translocation of the glucocorticoid receptorPetra S Bachmann
Children's Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, PO Box 81, High Street, Randwick, NSW 2031, Australia
Blood 105:2519-26. 2005..These results show that dexamethasone resistance in BCP ALL xenografts occurs downstream of ligand-induced nuclear translocation of the GR, but upstream of Bim induction...
- Mutant N-ras preferentially drives human CD34+ hematopoietic progenitor cells into myeloid differentiation and proliferation both in vitro and in the NOD/SCID mouseSylvie W Shen
Children's Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, Randwick, NSW, Australia
Exp Hematol 32:852-60. 2004..CONCLUSIONS: The results demonstrate that N-rasm in HPC induces myeloproliferation both in vitro and in the NOD/SCID mouse model as a primary event that does not appear to be dependent on cooperating transforming events...
- Inactivation of p16INK4a, with retention of pRB and p53/p21cip1 function, in human MRC5 fibroblasts that overcome a telomere-independent crisis during immortalizationLisa M Taylor
Children s Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, Randwick, New South Wales 2031
J Biol Chem 279:43634-45. 2004..Overall, these results implicate the inactivation of p16INK4a as a critical event for overcoming telomere-independent crisis, immortalizing MRC5 fibroblasts and overcoming ras-induced premature senescence...
- Characterization of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia xenograft models for the preclinical evaluation of new therapiesNatalia L M Liem
Children's Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, Sydney, Australia
Blood 103:3905-14. 2004..As such, they provide powerful experimental models to prioritize new therapeutic strategies for future clinical trials...
- Telomere-driven karyotypic complexity concurs with p16INK4a inactivation in TP53-competent immortal endothelial cellsVictoria W Wen
Children's Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia
Cancer Res 66:10691-700. 2006..These investigations provide new insight to the role of p16(INK4a) as a tumor suppressor...