Affiliation: University of Western Sydney
- A cluster randomized controlled trial of strategies to increase adolescents' physical activity and motivation in physical education: results of the Motivating Active Learning in Physical Education (MALP) trialChris Lonsdale
University of Western Sydney, Australia Electronic address
Prev Med 57:696-702. 2013..In this cluster-randomized controlled trial, we examined the effects of three self-determination theory-based motivational strategies on PA and sedentary behavior, as well as their hypothesized antecedents during PE lessons...
- Effect of an office worksite-based yoga program on heart rate variability: outcomes of a randomized controlled trialBirinder S Cheema
School of Science and Health, University of Western Sydney, Penrith, NSW 2751, Australia
BMC Complement Altern Med 13:82. 2013....
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of interventions designed to increase moderate-to-vigorous physical activity in school physical education lessonsChris Lonsdale
School of Science and Health, University of Western Sydney Locked Bag 1797, Penrith 2751, Australia
Prev Med 56:152-61. 2013..Unfortunately, MVPA levels in PE lessons are often very low. In this review, we aimed to determine the effectiveness of interventions designed to increase the proportion of PE lesson time that students spend in MVPA...
- A cluster-randomized controlled trial of strategies to increase adolescents' physical activity and motivation during physical education lessons: the Motivating Active Learning in Physical Education (MALP) trialRichard R Rosenkranz
Kansas State University, Manhattan, USA
BMC Public Health 12:834. 2012..The purpose of this study was to compare the effect of three motivational strategies, each based on Self-Determination Theory (SDT), on PA levels, and their hypothesized antecedents, during year 8 PE lessons...
- Communication style and exercise compliance in physiotherapy (CONNECT): a cluster randomized controlled trial to test a theory-based intervention to increase chronic low back pain patients' adherence to physiotherapists' recommendations: study rationale, Chris Lonsdale
School of Science and Health, University of Western Sydney, Penrith, NSW, Australia
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:104. 2012..The aim of this trial is to assess the effect of an intervention designed to increase physiotherapists' autonomy-supportive communication on low back pain patients' adherence to physical activity and exercise therapy recommendations...
- Temporal ordering of motivational quality and athlete burnout in elite sportChris Lonsdale
School of Biomedical and Health Sciences, University of Western Sydney, Penrith, NSW, Australia
Med Sci Sports Exerc 43:913-21. 2011....
- The relationship between self-determined motivation and physical activity in adolescent boysKatherine B Owen
University of Western Sydney, Penrith, New South Wales, Australia
J Adolesc Health 53:420-2. 2013..Physical education (PE) lessons and leisure-time represent two important opportunities for adolescents to accumulate moderate-to-vigorous physical activity (MVPA)...
- Pilates exercise or stationary cycling for chronic nonspecific low back pain: does it matter? a randomized controlled trial with 6-month follow-upPaul W M Marshall
School of Science and Health, University of Western Sydney, Penrith South, NSW 2751, Australia
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 38:E952-9. 2013..Randomized controlled trial...
- Measuring adolescent boys' physical activity: bout length and the influence of accelerometer epoch lengthTaren Sanders
University of Western Sydney, School of Science and Health, Penrith, Australia
PLoS ONE 9:e92040. 2014..e., epoch length). The purpose of this study was to examine i) PA bout length, and ii) the effect of variations in accelerometer epoch length on PA estimates during physical education (PE) and leisure time in adolescent boys...
- Increasing girls' physical activity during an organised youth sport basketball program: a randomised controlled trial protocolJustin M Guagliano
School of Science and Health, University of Western Sydney, Sydney, Australia
BMC Public Health 14:383. 2014....