Affiliation: University of New South Wales
- Liu L, Burcher E. Radioligand binding and functional characterisation of tachykinin receptors in chicken small intestine. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2001;364:305-13 pubmed..The study provides evidence for a tachykinin receptor with similarities to the NK1 receptor in the chicken small intestine. In addition, senktide may act on a receptor similar to the mammalian NK3 receptor. ..
- Liu L, Shang F, Morgan M, King D, Lubowski D, Burcher E. Cyclooxygenase-dependent alterations in substance P-mediated contractility and tachykinin NK1 receptor expression in the colonic circular muscle of patients with slow transit constipation. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009;329:282-9 pubmed publisher..Our results also indicate some malfunction of the enteric nervous system in STC. ..
- Sana Ur Rehman H, Markus I, Moore K, Mansfield K, Liu L. Expression and localization of pannexin-1 and CALHM1 in porcine bladder and their involvement in modulating ATP release. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2017;312:R763-R772 pubmed publisher..Modulation of extracellular Ca2+ may also regulate ATP release in the porcine bladder through voltage-gated CALHM1 ion channels. ..
- Liu L, Warner F, Conlon J, Burcher E. Pharmacological and biochemical investigation of receptors for the toad gut tachykinin peptide, bufokinin, in its species of origin. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 1999;360:187-95 pubmed..The study also provides evidence that bufokinin and its receptor play an important physiological role in regulating intestinal motility...
- Liu L, Shang F, Markus I, Burcher E. Roles of substance P receptors in human colon circular muscle: alterations in diverticular disease. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2002;302:627-35 pubmed..The attenuated contractility in specimens with diverticular disease may reflect disease-related alterations of the tachykinin receptor system. ..
- Liu L, Markus I, Saghire H, Perera D, King D, Burcher E. Distinct differences in tachykinin gene expression in ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease and diverticular disease: a role for hemokinin-1?. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2011;23:475-83, e179-80 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence for the first time that HK-1, like SP, may be involved in the pathophysiology of inflammatory bowel disease. Distinctly different expression patterns of tachykinin-related genes occur in UC, CD and DD. ..