Genomes and Genes
Lisa F Lincz
Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- Variable plasma levels of Factor V Leiden correlate with circulating platelet microparticles in carriers of Factor V LeidenLisa F Lincz
Hunter Haematology Research Group, Calvary Mater Newcastle Hospital, NSW, Australia
Thromb Res 129:192-6. 2012..Here we sought to determine if these subjects differed in their plasma levels of FVL and if this was related to MP concentrations and/or history of thrombosis...
- Thrombin generation as a predictor of radiotherapy induced skin erythemaLisa F Lincz
Department of Haematology, Calvary Mater Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Radiother Oncol 90:136-40. 2009..Based on the recent findings in patients suffering from chronic urticaria, we sought to determine if similar mechanisms of hypercoagulation contributed to comparable skin reactions during radiotherapy...
- Quantification of hTERT splice variants in melanoma by SYBR green real-time polymerase chain reaction indicates a negative regulatory role for the beta deletion variantLisa F Lincz
Department of Haematology, Calvary Mater Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Neoplasia 10:1131-7. 2008..This study shows that telomerase activity in melanoma cells is best determined by the absolute expression of full-length hTERT mRNA and indicates a role for the hTERT beta deletion variant in the negative regulation of enzyme activity...
- Polymorphisms of the tissue factor pathway inhibitor gene are associated with venous thromboembolism in the antiphospholipid syndrome and carriers of factor V LeidenLisa F Lincz
Hunter Haematology Research Group, Newcastle Misericordiae Hospital, Waratah, Australia
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 18:559-64. 2007....
- Endogenous thrombin potential for predicting risk of venous thromboembolism in carriers of factor V LeidenLisa F Lincz
Hunter Haematology Research Group, Newcastle Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Waratah, Australia
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 35:435-9. 2006..The recent introduction of diagnostic ETP measurements in the form of the calibrated automated thrombin generation from Thrombinoscope and the TechnoThrombin from Baxter should facilitate such studies...
- Circulating microparticles are elevated in carriers of factor V LeidenAnoop K Enjeti
Hunter Haematology Research Group, Calvary Mater Newcastle, Edith Street, Waratah, NSW 2298, Australia
Thromb Res 126:250-3. 2010..This study was carried out to evaluate if increased numbers or procoagulant potential of circulating MP contribute to the heterogeneity in occurrence of thrombosis in heterozygotes carrying Factor V Leiden (FVL) mutation...
- Genetic variations in benzene metabolism and susceptibility to multiple myelomaLisa F Lincz
Hunter Haematology Research Group, Newcastle Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Edith Street, Waratah, NSW 2298, Australia
Leuk Res 31:759-63. 2007..65, 2.49 and 13 times more likely to have MM (P(trend)=0.001)...
- Oncolytic Coxsackievirus A21 as a novel therapy for multiple myelomaGough G Au
The Picornaviral Research Unit, School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health, The University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Br J Haematol 137:133-41. 2007..Data generated in this study suggests that CVA21 virotherapy may have potential applications as a systemic anti-tumour agent for MM, or in the ex vivo purging of malignant plasma cells prior to autologous stem cell transplantation...
- Methionine synthase genetic polymorphism MS A2756G alters susceptibility to follicular but not diffuse large B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma or multiple myelomaLisa F Lincz
Hunter Haematology Research Group, Newcastle Mater Misericordiae Hospital, NSW, Australia
Br J Haematol 120:1051-4. 2003..4-fold lower risk of follicular (odds ratio = 0.41, 95% confidence interval: 0.19-0.88, p = 0.02) but not diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. MM patients showed no significant difference in the polymorphisms compared with control subjects...
- Identification of a novel single nucleotide polymorphism in the first tandem repeat sequence of the thymidylate synthase 2R alleleLisa F Lincz
Hunter Haematology Research Group, Newcastle Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Waratah, NSW 2298, Australia
Int J Cancer 120:1930-4. 2007..This would severely decrease TS expression and may have implications for predicting efficacy and toxicity of therapy with commonly used fluorouracil-based therapy regimes...
- Endogenous thrombin potential as a novel method for the characterization of procoagulant snake venoms and the efficacy of antivenomGeoffrey K Isbister
Faculty of Health, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Toxicon 56:75-85. 2010..ETP is a useful assay to investigate mechanisms of other procoagulant venoms and is a robust method of assessing antivenom efficacy...
- Microparticles in health and diseaseAnoop K Enjeti
Department of Haematology level 4, Hunter Haematology Research Group, New Medical Building, Calvary Mater Hospital, Waratah Newcastle, Australia
Semin Thromb Hemost 34:683-91. 2008....
- Detection and measurement of microparticles: an evolving research tool for vascular biologyAnoop K Enjeti
Department of Haematology, Calvary Mater Hospital, Waratah Newcastle, Australia
Semin Thromb Hemost 33:771-9. 2007..Although it has evolved as an important vascular biology research tool, microparticle detection needs further evaluation and refinement before it becomes truly useful as a clinical tool...
- Telomere length in haemopoietic stem cells can be determined from that of mononuclear blood cells or whole bloodJennette A Sakoff
Department of Medical Oncology, Newcastle Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Newcastle, Locked Bag No 7, Hunter Region Mail Center, 2310, NSW, Australia
Leuk Lymphoma 43:2017-20. 2002..83, P < 0.001). Thus, telomere length in haemopoietic stem cells can be determined from that of whole or fractionated PB in future studies of haematological disorders...
- Xenobiotic gene polymorphisms and susceptibility to multiple myelomaLisa F Lincz
Haematologica 89:628-9. 2004....