Affiliation: University of Western Australia
- Suicide rates in psychiatric in-patients: an application of record linkage to mental health researchD M Lawrence
Department of Public Health, University of Western Australia, Nedlands
Aust N Z J Public Health 23:468-70. 1999..To study trends in the rate of suicide in psychiatric patients in Western Australia. To examine the associations of suicide with demographic and clinical factors...
- Mortality in Western Australian psychiatric patientsD Lawrence
Centre for Health Services Research, Department of Public Health, The University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 35:341-7. 2000..The aim was to examine mortality in psychiatric patients in Western Australia (WA), over a time period of considerable change in the delivery of mental health services...
- Early mental health morbidity and later smoking at age 17 yearsS R Zubrick
Centre for Child Health Research, The University of Western Australia, Telethon Institute for Child Health Research, Perth, WA, Australia
Psychol Med 42:1103-15. 2012..We examined the relationship between the onset and pattern of childhood mental health disorders and subsequent current smoking status at age 17 years...
- Increasing rates of suicide in Western Australian psychiatric patients: a record linkage studyD Lawrence
Centre for Health Services Research, Department of Public Health, The University of Western Australia, Nedlands, WA, 6907, Australia
Acta Psychiatr Scand 104:443-51. 2001..CONCLUSION: These results highlight the importance of adequate follow-up of patients discharged from in-patient services, and the need for adequate resources for community-based services...
- Maternal death and the onward psychosocial circumstances of Australian Aboriginal children and young peopleS R Zubrick
Telethon Institute for Child Health Research, Centre for Child Health Research, University of Western Australia, West Perth 6872, Australia
Psychol Med 41:1971-80. 2011..This study sought to determine the social and emotional impact of maternal loss on Aboriginal children and young people using data from the Western Australian Aboriginal Child Health Survey (WAACHS)...