Ian Craig Lawrance
Affiliation: University of Western Australia
- Poor correlation between clinical impression, the small colonic polyp and their neoplastic riskIan Craig Lawrance
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Western Australia, Australia
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:563-8. 2006..Our aims were to determine if clinical discernment is accurate, and the likelihood that lesions < 10 mm are histologically advanced...
- A comparative study of goblet cell and pancreatic exocine autoantibodies combined with ASCA and pANCA in Chinese and Caucasian patients with IBDIan Craig Lawrance
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia
Inflamm Bowel Dis 11:890-7. 2005..This study determined the sensitivity, specificity, and positive and negative predictive values (PPV and NPV) of PAB and GAB +/- ASCA and pANCA testing in Chinese and Caucasian IBD populations...
- Proteomics: an overviewIan Craig Lawrance
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Fremantle
Inflamm Bowel Dis 11:927-36. 2005
- Correlation of MRI-determined small bowel Crohn's disease categories with medical response and surgical pathologyIan Craig Lawrance
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Fremantle Hospital, Fremantle, WA 6160, Australia
World J Gastroenterol 15:3367-75. 2009..To determine whether magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) can be used to categorize small bowel Crohn's disease (SB CD) into groups that correlate with response to medical therapy and surgical pathology...
- Modifying T-cell trafficking to the intestinal as a potential management for inflammatory bowel diseaseIan Craig Lawrance
University of Western Australia, Fremantle Hospital, Centre for inflammatory Bowel Diseases, WA and School of Medicine and Pharmacology, T Block, Alma Street, Fremantle, 6059 WA, Australia
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 21:975-84. 2012..There is a desperate need for new therapies that target the immunological deficits within the immune system with low side effects and long-term efficacy...
- A prospective comparative study of ASCA and pANCA in Chinese and Caucasian IBD patientsIan Craig Lawrance
Department of Gastroenterology, University Department of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Fremantle Hospital, WA, Australia
Am J Gastroenterol 99:2186-94. 2004..Antisaccharomyces cerevisiae (ASCA) and antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (pANCA) can aid in the differentiation between Crohn's disease (CD) and ulcerative colitis (UC), but their sensitivity may vary between races...
- Indomethacin and retinoic acid modify mouse intestinal inflammation and fibrosis: a role for SPARCBorut Klopcic
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Fremantle, WA, Australia
Dig Dis Sci 53:1553-63. 2008..The results demonstrate that indomethacin increases TNBS-induced fibrosis in mice, while RA reduces it, and that SPARC may link these opposing effects...
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome complicating adalimumab therapy in Crohn's diseaseMuna Salama
Department of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, T Block, Fremantle Hospital, Fremantle 6059, WA, Australia
World J Gastroenterol 15:4449-52. 2009..These reactions can be serious and prescribers need to be aware of the potential mucocutaneous side effects of these agents, especially as Stevens-Johnson syndrome is associated with significant morbidity and mortality...