Affiliation: University of Western Australia
- Posttraumatic stress disorder and terrorism: 5 years after 9/11Jonathan Laugharne
School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Curr Opin Psychiatry 20:36-41. 2007..The review aims to provide an update on an article published in this journal in the year following the September 11 attacks...
- Fostering psychiatry in Ghana: the impact of a short review course through an international collaborationJonathan Laugharne
University of Western Australia, Fremantle, Australia
Acad Psychiatry 35:373-5. 2011..The aim of the current study was to evaluate a short review course in psychiatry conducted at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology medical school and any change in student interest in a career in psychiatry...
- The impact of lifestyle factors on the physical health of people with a mental illness: a brief reviewSusanne Stanley
Community, Culture and Mental Health Unit, School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Fremantle Hospital, University of Western Australia, W Block, L6, 1 Alma Street, Fremantle, WA, 6160, Australia
Int J Behav Med 21:275-81. 2014..Past focus has predominantly been upon individuals treated with antipsychotics, yet poor physical health is occurring across diagnoses...
- After the fire: the mental health consequences of fire disastersJonathan Laugharne
Community, Culture and Mental Health Unit, School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Curr Opin Psychiatry 24:72-7. 2011..This article aims to summarize recent findings relating to the impact of fire disasters on the mental health of victims, responders, families and communities within the context of the existing literature...
- Role of psychological trauma in the cause and treatment of anxiety and depressive disordersJonathan Laugharne
Community, Culture and Mental Health Unit, School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Curr Opin Psychiatry 23:25-9. 2010..We have reviewed recent publications in the medical literature which add to current knowledge regarding the possible causative role of trauma and the efficacy of trauma-focused treatments in these disorders...