L T Lam
Affiliation: University of Notre Dame
- Preventing hypothermia in elective arthroscopic shoulder surgery patients: a protocol for a randomised controlled trialJed Duff
St Vincent s Private Hospital, and Nursing Research Institute, St Vincent s and Mater Health Sydney Australian Catholic University, Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW, 2010, Australia
BMC Surg 12:14. 2012..This trial will investigate the effect of these interventions on patients' temperature, thermal comfort, and total recovery time...
- Factors associated with Internet addiction among adolescentsLawrence T Lam
School of Medicine Sydney, University of Notre Dame Australia, Darlinghurst, New South Wales, Australia
Cyberpsychol Behav 12:551-5. 2009..Clinicians need to be aware of potential comorbidities of other problems such as stress and family dissatisfaction among adolescent Internet addiction patients...
- The association between internet addiction and self-injurious behaviour among adolescentsL T Lam
Discipline of Paediatric and Child Health, The University of Sydney, Australia
Inj Prev 15:403-8. 2009..To examine the association between internet addiction and self-injurious behaviour (SIB) in adolescence...
- Effect of pathological use of the internet on adolescent mental health: a prospective studyLawrence T Lam
School of Medicine, Sydney, and the University of Notre Dame, Fremantle, Australia
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 164:901-6. 2010..It is hypothesized that pathological use of the Internet is detrimental to adolescents’ mental health...
- Selecting medical students for academic and attitudinal outcomes in a Catholic medical schoolJulie A Quinlivan
School of Medicine, University of Notre Dame Australia, Fremantle, WA, Australia
Med J Aust 193:347-50. 2010....
- Factors associated with fatal and injurious car crash among learner drivers in New South Wales, AustraliaLawrence T Lam
Royal Alexandra Hospital for Children, Locked Bag 4001, Westmead, Sydney, NSW 2145, Australia
Accid Anal Prev 35:333-40. 2003..Speeding was a common factor for the increased risk of crash injury across all age groups. The implication of the results and limitations of the study were discussed...
- Short duration of sleep and unintentional injuries among adolescents in ChinaLawrence T Lam
Royal Alexandra Hospital for Children, Westmead, New South Wales, Australia
Am J Epidemiol 166:1053-8. 2007..5, 95% confidence interval: 0.9, 2.3). Findings suggest that a short nightly duration of sleep can be considered a potential risk factor for multiple unintentional injuries among adolescents...
- Suicidal ideation, antidepressive medication and car crash injuryLawrence T Lam
The Royal Alexandra Hospital for Children, Locked Bag 4001, Westmead, Sydney, NSW 2145, Australia
Accid Anal Prev 37:335-9. 2005..This study aimed to investigate the association between suicidal ideation, antidepressive medication and the risk of a car crash resulting in serious injury...
- The health effects of odor emission from domestic renovation on household residents in Tianjin, ChinaHong Liang Liu
University of Sydney, Royal Alexandra Hospital for Children, Faculty of Medicine, Westmead, New South Wales, Australia
J Environ Health 69:46-50. 2007..This effect seemed to be independent from that generated by chemicals. Implications and prevention strategies are discussed...