J Declan Kennedy
Affiliation: University of Adelaide
- Reduced neurocognition in children who snoreJ D Kennedy
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Women s and Children s Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Pediatr Pulmonol 37:330-7. 2004..Future studies need to confirm the reversal of these relatively mild neurocognitive decrements post adenotonsillectomy...
- 8. Investigation and treatment of upper-airway obstruction: childhood sleep disorders IJ Declan Kennedy
Department of Paediatrics, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Med J Aust 182:419-23. 2005....
- Chronic respiratory failure and neuromuscular diseaseJ Declan Kennedy
Discipline of Paediatrics, Faculty of Health Sciences, Medical School, University of Adelaide, South Australia 5005, Australia
Pediatr Clin North Am 56:261-73, xii. 2009....
- Inconsistent sleep schedules and daytime behavioral difficulties in school-aged childrenSarah N Biggs
Childrens Research Centre, Discipline of Paediatrics, University of Adelaide, King William Road, Adelaide 5000, Australia
Sleep Med 12:780-6. 2011..We examined the relationship between short sleep duration, sleep schedule instability and behavioral difficulties in a community sample of Australian children...
- Chronic illness in adolescentsMichael G Sawyer
Research and Evaluation Unit, Women s and Children s Hospital, 72 King William Road, North Adelaide, SA
Med J Aust 179:237. 2003
- Differences in parental attitudes towards sleep and associations with sleep-wake patterns in Caucasian and Southeast Asian school-aged children in AustraliaSarah N Biggs
Childrens Research Center, University of Adelaide, Australia
Behav Sleep Med 8:207-18. 2010..Parental attitudes toward sleep, perception of sleep need, and homework load were not associated with the regulation of actual sleep behaviors in children, regardless of cultural heritage...
- Eczema, sleep, and behavior in childrenDanny Camfferman
Discipline of Paediatrics, School of Paediatrics and Reproductive Health, University of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Clin Sleep Med 6:581-8. 2010..It is unclear if sleep disruption in children with eczema has similar effects particularly after controlling for known comorbid disorders such as asthma and rhinitis...
- Neurocognitive performance and behavior before and after treatment for sleep-disordered breathing in childrenMark J Kohler
Children s Research Centre, University of Adelaide, North Adelaide, Australia
Nat Sci Sleep 2:159-85. 2010..These findings should aid in the development of more targeted investigations and well-designed studies exploring both the causative mechanisms and the treatment response for neurocognitive and behavior problems in children with SDB...
- Craniofacial and upper airway morphology in pediatric sleep-disordered breathing: Systematic review and meta-analysisVandana Katyal
Postgraduate Student, Orthodontic Unit, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 143:20-30.e3. 2013..The purpose of this systematic review and meta-analysis was to elucidate the association between craniofacial disharmony and pediatric sleep-disordered breathing...
- Differences in the association between obesity and obstructive sleep apnea among children and adolescentsMark J Kohler
Discipline of Paediatrics, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
J Clin Sleep Med 5:506-11. 2009..To determine whether the association between excess weight and OSAS varies with age across childhood, we assessed polysomnographic data from a series of Caucasian children and adolescents referred for clinical evaluation of snoring...
- Natural history and familial relationships of infant spilling to 9 years of ageA James Martin
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Women s and Children s Hospital, South Australia, Australia
Pediatrics 109:1061-7. 2002..To determine the natural history of infant spilling (regurgitation/vomiting) during the first 2 years of life and to determine the relationship between infant spilling and gastroesophageal reflux (GER) symptoms at 9 years of age...