Judith M Katzenellenbogen
Affiliation: University of Western Australia
- Complex impact of remoteness on the incidence of myocardial infarction in Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people in Western AustraliaJudith M Katzenellenbogen
Combined Universities Centre for Rural Health, University of Western Australia, Geraldton, Western Australia, Australia
Aust J Rural Health 20:305-11. 2012..To determine the impact of remoteness on Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal myocardial infarction incidence rates in men and women of different ages...
- Aboriginal to non-Aboriginal differentials in 2-year outcomes following non-fatal first-ever acute MI persist after adjustment for comorbidityJudith M Katzenellenbogen
School of Population Health, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Eur J Prev Cardiol 19:983-90. 2012..Design: Historical cohort study...
- Voting with their feet--predictors of discharge against medical advice in Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal ischaemic heart disease inpatients in Western Australia: an analytic study using data linkageJudith M Katzenellenbogen
Combined Universities Centre for Rural Health, University of Western Australia, Geraldton, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 13:330. 2013..The study focuses particularly on the differences in the risk of DAMA in Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal patients while also investigating other factors in their own right...
- Variable effects of prevalence correction of population denominators on differentials in myocardial infarction incidence: a record linkage study in Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Western AustraliansJudith M Katzenellenbogen
Centre for International Health, Curtin Health Innovation Research Institute, Curtin University of Technology, Bently, Perth, Western Australia
J Clin Epidemiol 64:658-66. 2011..non-Aboriginal Western Australians aged 25-74 years during the study period 2000-2004...
- Transfers to metropolitan hospitals and coronary angiography for rural Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal patients with acute ischaemic heart disease in Western AustraliaDerrick Lopez
Western Australian Centre for Rural Health, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, Western Australia, Australia
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 14:58. 2014..We describe the profile and transfers of IHD patients admitted to rural hospitals as emergency admissions and investigate determinants of transfers and coronary angiography...
- Heart failure among Indigenous Australians: a systematic reviewJohn A Woods
Combined Universities Centre for Rural Health, PO Box 109, Geraldton, WA 6531, Australia
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 12:99. 2012..Heart failure is a common, disabling, progressive and costly complication of these disorders. The epidemiology of heart failure and the adequacy of relevant health service provision in Indigenous Australians are not well delineated...
- Concordance between administrative health data and medical records for diabetes status in coronary heart disease patients: a retrospective linked data studyLee Nedkoff
School of Population Health, The University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, WA 6009, Australia
BMC Med Res Methodol 13:121. 2013....
- Incidence of first heart failure hospitalisation and mortality in Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal patients in Western Australia, 2000-2009Tiew Hwa Katherine Teng
Combined Universities Centre for Rural Health, University of Western Australia, Australia Electronic address
Int J Cardiol 173:110-7. 2014..To compare the incidence of first heart failure (HF) hospitalisation, antecedent risk factors and 1-year mortality between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal populations in Western Australia (2000-2009)...
- Owning solutions: a collaborative model to improve quality in hospital care for Aboriginal AustraliansAngela Durey
School of Nursing and Midwifery Curtin Health Innovation and Research Institute, Curtin University, Perth, Australia
Nurs Inq 19:144-52. 2012..Nurses are central to addressing the current state of inequity and are pivotal change agents within the proposed model...
- The quality of indigenous identification in administrative health data in Australia: insights from studies using data linkageSandra C Thompson
Combined Universities Centre for Rural Health, University of Western Australia, PO Box 109, Geraldton, WA, 6530, Australia
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 12:133. 2012..This systematic review appraises peer-reviewed Australian studies that used data linkage to elucidate the impact of under-ascertainment of Indigenous status on health indicators...
- Menopause and the influence of culture: another gap for Indigenous Australian women?Emma K Jones
Combined Universities Centre for Rural Health, University of Western Australia, Geraldton, Western Australia
BMC Womens Health 12:43. 2012....