Affiliation: University of Sydney
- Blockade of CD40-CD40 ligand protects against renal injury in chronic proteinuric renal diseaseLukas Kairaitis
Department of Renal Medicine, The University of Sydney at Westmead Hospital, Westmead, Sydney, Australia
Kidney Int 64:1265-72. 2003..We hypothesized that CD40-CD40L could contribute to renal injury in models that are not antibody-dependent, and that anti-CD40L could diminish inflammation and fibrosis in murine adriamycin nephropathy...
- HIF-1alpha expression follows microvascular loss in advanced murine adriamycin nephrosisLukas Karolis Kairaitis
Department of Renal Medicine, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, NSW 2145, Australia
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 288:F198-206. 2005..Apart from providing the first direct evidence for cellular hypoxia in a model of chronic renal disease, these results suggest that a primary dysregulation of angiogenesis may be the cause of increased hypoxia in this model...
- The CARI guidelines. Kidney stones: prevention of recurrent calcium nephrolithiasisLukas Kairaitis
Department of Renal Medicine, Westmead Hospital, Westmead NSW 2145, Australia
Nephrology (Carlton) 12:S11-20. 2007
- Partial depletion of macrophages by ED7 reduces renal injury in Adriamycin nephropathyYiping Wang
Department of Renal Medicine, The University of Sydney at Westmead Hospital, Westmead, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Nephrology (Carlton) 10:470-7. 2005..In the present study, a monoclonal antibody (ED7) directed against CD11b/CD18 integrin, which is expressed by macrophages, was used to investigate the pathogenetic effects of macrophages in ADR nephropathy...
- Can murine diabetic nephropathy be separated from superimposed acute renal failure?Yuet Ching Tay
Centre for Transplant and Renal Research, Westmead Millennium Institute, The University of Sydney at Westmead Hospital, Westmead, Sydney, Australia
Kidney Int 68:391-8. 2005....
- Acute interstitial nephritis secondary to esomeprazoleNimeshan Geevasinga
Clinical School, Westmead Hospital, PO Box 533, Wentworthville, NSW 2145, Australia
Med J Aust 182:235-6. 2005
- Transfection of tubule cells with Fas ligand causes leukocyte apoptosisYiping Wang
Department of Renal Medicine, The University of Sydney at Westmead Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Kidney Int 61:1303-11. 2002..In this study, the effect of FasL transfection of rat TC on apoptosis of leukocytes was examined...
- Defining a significant stenosis in an autologous radio-cephalic arteriovenous fistula for hemodialysisFarzan Fahrtash
Vascular Surgery, Westmead Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Semin Dial 24:231-8. 2011..An absolute minimal luminal diameter of 2.7 mm, as determined with grayscale and color ultrasound, is a useful cutoff for defining significant stenosis in a RC aAVF...
- Sequential extracellular matrix-focused and baited-global cluster analysis of serial transcriptomic profiles identifies candidate modulators of renal tubulointerstitial fibrosis in murine adriamycin-induced nephropathyDenise M Sadlier
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, University College Dublin, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital and Dublin Molecular Medicine Centre, Dublin, Ireland
J Biol Chem 279:29670-80. 2004..The further exploration of these complex gene networks should shed light on the core molecular pathways that underpin TIF in renal disease...