Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- Attentional processes and responding to affective faces in youth with borderline personality featuresMartina Jovev
Orygen Youth Health Research Centre, Centre for Youth Mental Health, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Psychiatry Res 199:44-50. 2012..Future research should explore the relationship between information processing, emotion regulation in adult BPD samples...
- Emotional sensitivity in youth with borderline personality pathologyMartina Jovev
Orygen Youth Health Research Centre, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Psychiatry Res 187:234-40. 2011..Therefore, emotional sensitivity might not be apparent early in the course of BPD. Rather, it might develop later in the course of the disorder or be present only in severe BPD...
- Early maladaptive schemas in personality disordered individualsMartina Jovev
Department of Psychology, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Pers Disord 18:467-78. 2004..In conclusion, the present study suggests that there are different patterns of schema domains across different PDs and that the Schema Questionnaire (SQ) is potentially useful in differentiating between these PDs...
- An MRI study of pituitary volume and parasuicidal behavior in teenagers with first-presentation borderline personality disorderMartina Jovev
ORYGEN Research Centre, Department of Psychiatry, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Psychiatry Res 162:273-7. 2008..Further studies are required using direct neuroendocrine measures and exploring other parameters of self-injurious behavior, such as recency of self-injurious behavior, intent to die and medical threat...
- Early intervention for adolescents with borderline personality disorder: quasi-experimental comparison with treatment as usualAndrew M Chanen
Orygen Youth Health Research Centre, University of Melbourne, Locked Bag10, Parkville, VIC 3052, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 43:397-408. 2009..The aim of the present study was to compare the effectiveness of specialized team-based early intervention for borderline personality disorder (BPD) with treatment as usual...
- Screening for borderline personality disorder in outpatient youthAndrew M Chanen
The ORYGEN Research Centre, Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Pers Disord 22:353-64. 2008..Young people with borderline personality disorder (BPD) commonly seek help but often go unrecognized. Screening offers a means of identifying individuals for more detailed assessment for early intervention and for research...
- Prevention and early intervention for borderline personality disorderAndrew M Chanen
ORYGEN Research Centre, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 187:S18-21. 2007..Early intervention programs will need to be realistic in their aims, require change in clinician attitudes and service systems, and must be mindful of the risk of iatrogenic harm...
- The relationship of borderline personality disorder, life events and functioning in an Australian psychiatric sampleMartina Jovev
University of Melbourne Department of Psychiatry ORYGEN Research Centre, Parkville, Vic, Australia
J Pers Disord 20:205-17. 2006..Intensity of hassles was a predictor of functioning independent of a BPD diagnosis. A greater frequency of life events was closely associated with a non-BPD diagnosis in predicting a decrease in psychosocial functioning...
- Adaptive functioning and psychiatric symptoms in adolescents with borderline personality disorderAndrew M Chanen
ORYGEN Research Centre, Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
J Clin Psychiatry 68:297-306. 2007..To examine adaptive functioning and psychopathology in adolescents with DSM-IV borderline personality disorder...
- Early intervention for adolescents with borderline personality disorder using cognitive analytic therapy: randomised controlled trialAndrew M Chanen
ORYGEN Research Centre, Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne, Australia
Br J Psychiatry 193:477-84. 2008..No accepted intervention exists for borderline personality disorder presenting in adolescence...