Kristen L Hynes
Affiliation: University of Tasmania
- Vitamin D insufficiency in adolescent males in Southern Tasmania: prevalence, determinants, and relationship to bone turnover markersGraeme Jones
Menzies Research Institute, Private Bag 23, 7000, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Osteoporos Int 16:636-41. 2005..These data suggest that a 25(OH)D3 level of at least 43-55 nmol/l is required for optimal bone health in children...
- Mild iodine deficiency during pregnancy is associated with reduced educational outcomes in the offspring: 9-year follow-up of the gestational iodine cohortKristen L Hynes
Menzies Research Institute Tasmania, University of Tasmania, Sandy Bay, Tasmania 7005, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:1954-62. 2013..Severe iodine deficiency (ID) during gestation is associated with neurocognitive sequelae. The long-term impact of mild ID, however, has not been well characterized...
- Persistent iodine deficiency in a cohort of Tasmanian school children: associations with socio-economic status, geographical location and dietary factorsKristen L Hynes
Menzies Research Institute, University of Tasmania
Aust N Z J Public Health 28:476-81. 2004..To determine the adequacy of iodine nutrition of Tasmanian primary school-aged children and to examine possible associations with socio-economic status (SES), location and dietary factors...
- The lack of effect of isoflavones on high-density lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations in adolescent boys: a 6-week randomised trialTerence Dwyer
Menzies Research Institute, University of Tasmania, Private Bag 23, Hobart, Tasmania 7001, Australia
Public Health Nutr 11:955-62. 2008..The fall in HDL-C during puberty was not observed, however, in a study of Moslem boys in Israel, nor in a group of Japanese boys. A diet high in phyto-oestrogens may account for the lack of a fall in HDL-C in these populations...
- A prospective study of urinary electrolytes and bone turnover in adolescent malesGraeme Jones
Menzies Research Institute, Private Bag 23, Hobart, Tasmania 7000, Australia
Clin Nutr 26:619-23. 2007..The aim of this 6-week prospective study was to describe the association between urinary electrolytes and bone turnover markers in a convenience sample of adolescent boys (N = 136, mean age 16 yr)...