Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- Shargh V, Hondermarck H, Liang M. Albumin hybrid nanoparticles loaded with tyrosine kinase A inhibitor GNF-5837 for targeted inhibition of breast cancer cell growth and invasion. Int J Pharm. 2016;515:527-534 pubmed publisher..These results show that the GNF-Alb-HNPs may represent a novel approach for targeted breast cancer therapy. ..
- Hondermarck H, Jobling P. The Sympathetic Nervous System Drives Tumor Angiogenesis. Trends Cancer. 2018;4:93-94 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the sympathetic nervous system is a higher-level control of tumor angiogenesis that could be targeted in clinical oncology. ..
- Boilly B, Faulkner S, Jobling P, Hondermarck H. Nerve Dependence: From Regeneration to Cancer. Cancer Cell. 2017;31:342-354 pubmed publisher..Thus, the neurobiology of cancer is an emerging discipline that opens new perspectives in oncology. ..
- Faulkner S, Jobling P, Rowe C, Rodrigues Oliveira S, Roselli S, Thorne R, et al. Neurotrophin Receptors TrkA, p75NTR, and Sortilin Are Increased and Targetable in Thyroid Cancer. Am J Pathol. 2018;188:229-241 pubmed publisher..Together, these data reveal TrkA, p75NTR, and sortilin as potential therapeutic targets in thyroid cancer. ..
- Rutledge A, Jobling P, Walker M, Denham J, Hondermarck H. Spinal Cord Injuries and Nerve Dependence in Prostate Cancer. Trends Cancer. 2017;3:812-815 pubmed publisher..Patients with spinal cord injuries (SCIs) resulting in functional denervation of the prostate have a lower incidence of prostate cancer. This may constitute a clinical evidence for nerve dependence in human prostate tumorigenesis. ..