Genomes and Genes
Elizabeth G Holliday
Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- Common variants at 6p21.1 are associated with large artery atherosclerotic strokeElizabeth G Holliday
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Nat Genet 44:1147-51. 2012..15, P=3.9×10(-4); discovery and replication combined OR=1.21, P=4.7×10(-8)). This study identifies a genetic risk locus for LAA and shows how analyzing etiological subtypes may better identify genetic risk alleles for ischemic stroke...
- Insights into the genetic architecture of early stage age-related macular degeneration: a genome-wide association study meta-analysisElizabeth G Holliday
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, and School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e53830. 2013....
- Polygenic overlap between kidney function and large artery atherosclerotic strokeElizabeth G Holliday
From the School of Medicine and Public Health E G H, J S, M M, J A and School of Nursing and Midwifery J M, University of Newcastle, Australia Clinical Research Design, IT and Statistical Support Unit E G H, C O, J A, Hunter Medical Research Institute J M, R J S, C L, Newcastle, Australia Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK M T, S B, H S M Institute for Stroke and Dementia Research, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich, Germany R M, M D Stroke Research Program, School of Medicine and Adelaide Center for Neuroscience Research, University of Adelaide, Australia S A K Neurology Department, Gosford Hospital, Australia J S School of Medicine and Pharmacology, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia G J H Neurology Department, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth, Australia G J H Division of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Edinburgh, UK C S Stroke Prevention Research Unit
Stroke 45:3508-13. 2014..We investigated whether these associations may reflect shared heritability because of a common polygenic basis and whether this differed for IS subtypes...
- Concordance between direct and imputed APOE genotypes using 1000 Genomes dataChristopher Oldmeadow
University of Newcastle and Hunter Medical Research Institute, Newcastle, Australia
J Alzheimers Dis 42:391-3. 2014..81 and 0.84, respectively. More stringent thresholds around allele number estimates can increase this agreement to 90-97% and kappas of 0.90-0.93...
- Confirmation of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia variants, ARID5B and IKZF1, and interaction with parental environmental exposuresTiffany Jane Evans
Centre for Bioinformatics, Biomarker Discovery and Information Based Medicine, Hunter Medical Research Institute, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
PLoS ONE 9:e110255. 2014..If interaction of folic acid supplementation and IKZF1 variants holds, it may be useful to quantify folate levels prior to initiating use of folic acid supplements...
- STaRRRT: a table of short tandem repeats in regulatory regions of the human genomeKatherine A Bolton
Centre for Information Based Medicine, Hunter Medical Research Institute, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
BMC Genomics 14:795. 2013..To study STRs located in regulatory regions, we have performed genome-wide analysis to identify all STRs present in a region that is 2 kilobases upstream and 1 kilobase downstream of the transcription start sites of genes...
- Continuing difficulties in interpreting CNV data: lessons from a genome-wide CNV association study of Australian HNPCC/lynch syndrome patientsBente A Talseth-Palmer
School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
BMC Med Genomics 6:10. 2013..The aim of the current study was to use SNP-array technology to identify genomic aberrations which could contribute to the increased risk of cancer in HNPCC/LS patients...
- Identification of sialyltransferase 8B as a generalized susceptibility gene for psychotic and mood disorders on chromosome 15q25-26Erica Z McAuley
Psychiatric Genetics, Neuroscience Research Australia, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
PLoS ONE 7:e38172. 2012....
- Sifting the wheat from the chaff: prioritizing GWAS results by identifying consistency across analytical methodsChristopher Oldmeadow
School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Genet Epidemiol 35:745-54. 2011..We propose that consistency between different analysis methods may be an alternative to increasingly larger sample sizes in sifting true signals from noise in GWAS...
- Short sleep duration is associated with risk of future diabetes but not cardiovascular disease: a prospective study and meta-analysisElizabeth G Holliday
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Medicine and Public Health and Hunter Medical Research Institute, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e82305. 2013..33 [1.20-1.48]). Obtaining less than 6 hours of sleep each night (compared to 7 hours) may increase type 2 diabetes risk by approximately 30%...