Genomes and Genes
Elizabeth G Holliday
Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- Common variants at 6p21.1 are associated with large artery atherosclerotic strokeElizabeth G Holliday
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Nat Genet 44:1147-51. 2012..15, P=3.9×10(-4); discovery and replication combined OR=1.21, P=4.7×10(-8)). This study identifies a genetic risk locus for LAA and shows how analyzing etiological subtypes may better identify genetic risk alleles for ischemic stroke...
- Insights into the genetic architecture of early stage age-related macular degeneration: a genome-wide association study meta-analysisElizabeth G Holliday
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, and School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e53830. 2013....
- Continuing difficulties in interpreting CNV data: lessons from a genome-wide CNV association study of Australian HNPCC/lynch syndrome patientsBente A Talseth-Palmer
School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
BMC Med Genomics 6:10. 2013..The aim of the current study was to use SNP-array technology to identify genomic aberrations which could contribute to the increased risk of cancer in HNPCC/LS patients...
- STaRRRT: a table of short tandem repeats in regulatory regions of the human genomeKatherine A Bolton
Centre for Information Based Medicine, Hunter Medical Research Institute, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
BMC Genomics 14:795. 2013..To study STRs located in regulatory regions, we have performed genome-wide analysis to identify all STRs present in a region that is 2 kilobases upstream and 1 kilobase downstream of the transcription start sites of genes...
- Sifting the wheat from the chaff: prioritizing GWAS results by identifying consistency across analytical methodsChristopher Oldmeadow
School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Genet Epidemiol 35:745-54. 2011..We propose that consistency between different analysis methods may be an alternative to increasingly larger sample sizes in sifting true signals from noise in GWAS...
- Identification of sialyltransferase 8B as a generalized susceptibility gene for psychotic and mood disorders on chromosome 15q25-26Erica Z McAuley
Psychiatric Genetics, Neuroscience Research Australia, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
PLoS ONE 7:e38172. 2012....
- Short sleep duration is associated with risk of future diabetes but not cardiovascular disease: a prospective study and meta-analysisElizabeth G Holliday
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Medicine and Public Health and Hunter Medical Research Institute, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e82305. 2013..33 [1.20-1.48]). Obtaining less than 6 hours of sleep each night (compared to 7 hours) may increase type 2 diabetes risk by approximately 30%...