Nicolette A Hodyl
Affiliation: University of Adelaide
- The roles of leptin receptors on POMC neurons in the regulation of sex-specific energy homeostasisHaifei Shi
Department of Zoology, Miami University, Oxford, OH, United States
Physiol Behav 100:165-72. 2010..The sex difference in leptin signaling on POMC neurons on glucose tolerance appears independent of ovarian hormones...
- The impact of Aboriginal status, cigarette smoking and smoking cessation on perinatal outcomes in South AustraliaNicolette A Hodyl
Robinson Research Institute, School of Paediatrics and Reproductive Health, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Med J Aust 201:274-8. 2014..To assess the impact of Aboriginal status, active cigarette smoking and smoking cessation during pregnancy on perinatal outcomes...
- Intravenous ferric carboxymaltose for anaemia in pregnancyBernd Froessler
Department of Anaesthesia, Lyell McEwin Hospital, Haydown Road, Elizabeth Vale 5112, South Australia, Australia
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 14:115. 2014..The study was designed to assess the safety and efficacy of iron deficiency anaemia (IDA) correction with intravenous ferric carboxymaltose in pregnant women with mild, moderate and severe anaemia in the second and third trimester...
- Innate immune dysfunction in the neonatal rat following prenatal endotoxin exposureNicolette A Hodyl
School of Paediatrics and Reproductive Health, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide 5005, SA Australia
J Neuroimmunol 204:126-30. 2008....
- Sex-specific associations between cortisol and birth weight in pregnancies complicated by asthma are not due to differential glucocorticoid receptor expressionNicolette A Hodyl
The Robinson Institute, Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Adelaide, Medical School North, Frome Road, Adelaide SA 5005, Australia
Thorax 65:677-83. 2010..It is currently unknown whether expression of the placental glucocorticoid receptor (GR) becomes altered with asthma or the use of inhaled corticosteroids...
- Prenatal endotoxin exposure alters behavioural pain responses to lipopolysaccharide in adult offspringNicolette A Hodyl
School of Paediatrics and Reproductive Health, University of Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Physiol Behav 100:143-7. 2010..These data suggest that prenatal exposure to products associated with bacterial infection have the capacity to alter pain responses, which are evident in the adult offspring...
- Developmental perturbation induced by maternal asthma during pregnancy: the short- and long-term impacts on offspringVicki L Clifton
Robinson Institute, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia Robinson Institute, University of Adelaide, Lyell McEwin Hospital, Haydown Road, Elizabeth Vale, SA 5112, Australia
J Pregnancy 2012:741613. 2012..In this paper, we will discuss the evidence currently available that supports the hypothesis that children of mothers with asthma may be at risk of lifelong health complications which include diabetes and hypertension...
- Differential effects of docosahexaenoic acid on preterm and term placental pro-oxidant/antioxidant balanceMichael J Stark
The Robinson Institute, University of Adelaide, 77 King William Road, North Adelaide, South Australia 5006, Australia
Reproduction 146:243-51. 2013..This appears to be a result of DHA altering placental antioxidant capacity. These data have implications for the timing and concentration of DHA supplementation in pregnancy...
- Perinatal outcomes following maternal asthma and cigarette smoking during pregnancyNicolette A Hodyl
School of Paediatrics and Reproductive Health, University of Adelaide, Adelaide
Eur Respir J 43:704-16. 2014..Maternal asthma and cigarette smoking during pregnancy are both independently associated with adverse perinatal outcomes and, combined, compound the risk of preterm birth and urinary tract infections. ..
- Circulating antioxidant profile of pregnant women with asthmaPenelope C McLernon
Robinson Institute, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Clin Nutr 31:99-107. 2012....
- Prenatal programming of the innate immune response following in utero exposure to inflammation: a sexually dimorphic process?Nicolette A Hodyl
The Robinson Institute, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Expert Rev Clin Immunol 7:579-92. 2011..The potential for this response to exhibit sex specificity is also explored, based on evidence of sexually dimorphic placental responses to maternal inflammation...
- Fetal glucocorticoid-regulated pathways are not affected by inhaled corticosteroid use for asthma during pregnancyNicolette A Hodyl
Robinson Institute, University of Adelaide, South Australia
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 183:716-22. 2011..Inhaled corticosteroids (ICS) are currently advised for the control of asthma during pregnancy, despite the lack of evidence regarding potential systemic effects on maternal, placental, and fetal systems...
- The influence of sex and antenatal betamethasone exposure on vasoconstrictors and the preterm microvasculatureMichael J Stark
School of Paediatrics and Reproductive Health, The Robinson Institute, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 24:1215-20. 2011....
- Interventions for managing asthma in pregnancyEmily Bain
ARCH Australian Research Centre for Health of Women and Babies, Robinson Research Institute, Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia, 5006
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 10:CD010660. 2014....
- Effects of antenatal magnesium sulfate treatment for neonatal neuro-protection on cerebral oxygen kineticsMichael J Stark
1 Robinson Research Institute and School of Paediatrics and Reproductive Health, University of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia 2 Department of Neonatology, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Pediatr Res 78:310-4. 2015..This study investigated the effect of antenatal MgSO(4) on cerebral oxygen delivery, consumption, and cFTOE in preterm infants...
- The impact of iodine supplementation and bread fortification on urinary iodine concentrations in a mildly iodine deficient population of pregnant women in South AustraliaVicki L Clifton
University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Nutr J 12:32. 2013..Pregnant women in this region of Australia were unlikely to reach recommended iodine levels without an iodine supplement, even after the mandatory iodine supplementation of bread was instituted in October 2009...
- Effect of maternal asthma, inhaled glucocorticoids and cigarette use during pregnancy on the newborn insulin-like growth factor axisVicki L Clifton
Department of Paediatrics and Reproductive Health, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Growth Horm IGF Res 20:39-48. 2010..Fetal growth varies in a sex-specific manner in response to maternal asthma during pregnancy, but the mechanisms are unclear...