K M Hillman
Affiliation: University of New South Wales
- Rapid response systems: you won't know there is a problem until you measure itKen M Hillman
Simpson Centre for Health Services Research, Australian Institute of Health Innovation, The University of New South Wales, Sydney 2052, Australia
Crit Care 15:1001. 2011..The study by Oglesby and colleagues highlights serious issues, especially delays, which could adversely impact on patient care, and the study proposes that we concentrate more on measuring patient care from a broad perspective...
- Health services utilisation disparities between English speaking and non-English speaking background Australian infantsLixin Ou
Simpson Centre for Health Services Research, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
BMC Public Health 10:182. 2010..To examine the differences in health services utilisation and the associated risk factors between infants from non-English speaking background (NESB) and English speaking background (ESB) within Australia...
- Continuum of hospital care: the role of intensive careKen Hillman
The Simpson Centre for Health Services Research, The University of New South Wales, Australia
Curr Opin Crit Care 16:505-9. 2010..The previous disjointed professional and geographical silos, providing patient care, are being challenged and a more patient focussed continuum of care is replacing it...
- Complex intensive care unit interventionsKen Hillman
University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Crit Care Med 37:S102-6. 2009..To answer these questions, we will have to rely not only on complex quantitative research methodologies but also qualitative or a combination of both quantitative and qualitative research...
- A clinical model for Health Services Research-the Medical Emergency TeamKen Hillman
Division of Critical Care, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
J Crit Care 18:195-9. 2003..The problems of implementing major health service change and evaluating the effectiveness of that change presents a different challenge to evaluating a new drug or procedure and is approached within different research frameworks...
- Critical care without wallsKen Hillman
Department of Intensive Care, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Curr Opin Crit Care 8:594-9. 2002....
- Antecedents to hospital deathsK M Hillman
University of New South Wales, Liverpool Hospital, Australia
Intern Med J 31:343-8. 2001..Recent studies have suggested there are a large number of potentially preventable deaths in Australian hospitals...
- Rates of in-hospital arrests, deaths and intensive care admissions: the effect of a medical emergency teamP J Bristow
Liverpool Hospital, Sydney, NSW
Med J Aust 173:236-40. 2000..To evaluate the effectiveness of a medical emergency team (MET) in reducing the rates of selected adverse events...
- The Medical Emergency Team: 12 month analysis of reasons for activation, immediate outcome and not-for-resuscitation ordersM J Parr
University of New South Wales, Intensive Care Unit Liverpool Hospital, Locked Bag 7103, Liverpool, Sydney, NSW 1871, Australia
Resuscitation 50:39-44. 2001..To describe the reasons for, and immediate outcome following Medical Emergency Team (MET) activation...
- Temporary abdominal closure: a prospective evaluation of its effects on renal and respiratory physiologyM Sugrue
Department of Surgery, Liverpool Hospital, Sydney, Australia
J Trauma 45:914-21. 1998..80. Although it achieved significant reductions in abdominal pressures and improved lung dynamic compliance, TAC did not result in improved renal function or patient oxygenation...
- Quality of health services and early postpartum discharge: results from a sample of non-English-speaking womenM Tran
The Simpson Centre for Health Service Research, Liverpool Hospital, Liverpool BC, NSW, Australia
J Qual Clin Pract 21:135-43. 2001..The findings in this study ought to alert administrators and clinicians to possible negative drivers for the choice of early postpartum discharge by Vietnamese mothers...
- Intra-abdominal hypertension is an independent cause of postoperative renal impairmentM Sugrue
Department of Surgery, Liverpool Hospital, University Teaching Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Arch Surg 134:1082-5. 1999..Intra-abdominal hypertension exerts an effect on renal function independent of other confounding variables...