Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- School refusal: epidemiology and managementD Heyne
Victorian Child Psychiatry Training Department, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry, and Health Sciences, University of Melbourne, Australia
Paediatr Drugs 3:719-32. 2001..It is suggested that the first line of treatment should be CBT, with simultaneous or subsequent pharmacological treatment contingent upon the response to CBT...
- Evaluation of child therapy and caregiver training in the treatment of school refusalDavid Heyne
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry, and Health Sciences, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 41:687-95. 2002..To evaluate the relative efficacy of (1) child therapy, (2) parent/teacher training, and (3) the combination of child therapy and parent/teacher training in the treatment of anxiety-based school refusal...
- Research on the cognitive-behavioral treatment of school refusal: a review and recommendationsN King
Faculty of Education, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Clin Psychol Rev 20:495-507. 2000..Several other important methodological and theoretical issues are emphasized...
- Treating sexually abused children with posttraumatic stress symptoms: a randomized clinical trialN J King
Faculty of Education, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 39:1347-55. 2000..To evaluate the efficacy of child and caregiver participation in the cognitive-behavioral treatment of sexually abused children with posttraumatic stress symptoms...
- A comparison of cognitive-behavioral therapy, sertraline, and their combination for adolescent depressionGlenn A Melvin
Centre for Developmental Psychiatry and Psychology, Monash University, Australia
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:1151-61. 2006..To evaluate cognitive-behavioral therapy, antidepressant medication alone, and combined CBT and antidepressant medication in the treatment of depressive disorders in adolescents...