Ristan M Greer
Affiliation: University of Queensland
- Serum vitamin D levels are lower in Australian children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes than in children without diabetesRistan M Greer
Queensland Children s Medical Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, The University of Queensland, Herston, Queensland, 4029, Australia
Pediatr Diabetes 14:31-41. 2013..01]. Children with T1DM have lower 25OHD than controls, even in an environment of abundant sunlight. Whether low vitamin D is a risk factor or consequence of T1DM is unknown...
- Vitamin A levels in patients with CF are influenced by the inflammatory responseRistan M Greer
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Cyst Fibros 3:143-9. 2004..Vitamin A is important in respiratory epithelial regeneration and repair. We hypothesised that serum vitamin A would be associated with inflammation and disease severity...
- Genotype-phenotype associations in patients with severe hyperinsulinism of infancyRistan M Greer
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Queensland, Brisbane, and Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Princess Margaret Hospital for Children, Western Australia, Australia
Pediatr Dev Pathol 10:25-34. 2007..Previous surgery should be taken into account when interpreting pancreatic histology...
- Abnormalities of the PTH-vitamin D axis and bone turnover markers in children, adolescents and adults with cystic fibrosis: comparison with healthy controlsRistan M Greer
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Queensland, Royal Children s Hospital, 4029 Herston, Queensland, Australia
Osteoporos Int 14:404-11. 2003..These changes were not fully explained by disease severity or genotype, but are consistent with reports of decreased BMD and unique bone histomorphometry in older subjects with CF...
- Transcriptional basis for hepatic fibrosis in cystic fibrosis-associated liver diseaseTamara N Pereira
The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 54:328-35. 2012..We conducted a pilot study to identify genes associated with hepatic injury and fibrosis on liver biopsy that may help elucidate determinants of CF-associated liver disease (CFLD)...
- Pubertal development and its influences on bone mineral density in Australian children and adolescents with cystic fibrosisHelen M Buntain
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Royal Children s Hospital, Herston, Queensland, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 41:317-22. 2005..This study aims to compare pubertal development in young people with CF with that of a local healthy population and assess the influence it has on areal bone mineral density (aBMD)...
- Importance of hepatic fibrosis in cystic fibrosis and the predictive value of liver biopsyPeter J Lewindon
Department of Gastroenterology, Royal Children s Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Hepatology 53:193-201. 2011..002, nonconcordance = 38%), predicted the development of PHT (P < 0.001), which occurred more frequently and at a younger age in those with severe fibrosis...
- The association between ketoacidosis and 25(OH)-vitamin D levels at presentation in children with type 1 diabetes mellitusTony Huynh
Department of Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, Mater Children s Hospital, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Pediatr Diabetes 10:38-43. 2009..There have been no formal studies looking at the relationship between 25(OH)-vitamin D(3) and the severity of diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) in children at presentation with T1DM...
- Clonal complex Pseudomonas aeruginosa in horsesTimothy J Kidd
Department of Infectious Diseases, Royal Children s Hospital, Queensland Children s Medical Research Institute, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Vet Microbiol 149:508-12. 2011..Instead, other potential acquisition pathways, as well as strain specific adaptation to the equine genital tract, should be investigated...
- Comparison of ultrasound and biopsy findings in children with cystic fibrosis related liver diseasePeter R Mueller-Abt
Department of Medical Imaging, Royal Children s Hospital Brisbane, Herston, QLD 4029, Australia
J Cyst Fibros 7:215-21. 2008..The objective of our study was to determine if hepatic ultrasound findings in paediatric patients with cystic fibrosis and suspected liver disease are related to histopathological results derived from liver biopsies...
- Co-circulation of four human coronaviruses (HCoVs) in Queensland children with acute respiratory tract illnesses in 2004Ian M Mackay
Queensland Paediatric Infectious Diseases Laboratory, Queensland Children s Medical Research Institute, Sir Albert Sakzewski Virus Research Centre, Children s Health Service, University of Queensland, Herston 4029, Australia
Viruses 4:637-53. 2012....
- Use of the electroretinogram in a paediatric hospitalJayne E Camuglia
Department of Ophthalmology, The Royal Children s Hospital, Herston, Queensland, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 39:506-12. 2011..To review the use of electroretinography and identify common reasons for referral and diagnoses at a tertiary paediatric hospital...
- Australian children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes have low vitamin D levelsRistan M Greer
Med J Aust 187:59-60. 2007
- The outcome in Australian children with hyperinsulinism of infancy: early extensive surgery in severe cases lowers risk of diabetesMichelle M Jack
Department of Paediatric Endocrinology, Mater Children s Hospital, South Brisbane, Australia
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 58:355-64. 2003....