Leonard C Gray
Affiliation: University of Queensland
- Chronic illness in older peopleLeonard C Gray
Academic Unit in Geriatric Medicine, University of Queensland, Brisbane
Med J Aust 179:241. 2003
- Trends in the use of hospital beds by older people in Australia: 1993-2002Len C Gray
Department of Medicine, University of Queensland, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Ipswich Rd, Woolloongabba, QLD 4102, Australia
Med J Aust 181:478-81. 2004..To determine trends in use of Australian acute hospital inpatient services by older patients...
- Health assessment of elderly patientsLen C Gray
University of Queensland
Aust Fam Physician 33:795-7. 2004..Comprehensive health assessment of the elderly in primary care will become a more important element of general practice as population aging proceeds and evidence of efficacy emerges...
- Developing a policy simulator at the acute-aged care interfaceLeonard C Gray
Department of Medicine, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, QLD 4102, Australia
Aust Health Rev 30:450-7. 2006..The paper includes a description of the relevant policy environment and some of the associated key policy issues...
- Supply of inpatient geriatric medical services in AustraliaL Gray
University of Queensland, University Department of Medicine, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Intern Med J 37:270-3. 2007..The results illustrated wide variation in the style and level of provision of services among hospitals and across regional and state jurisdictions...
- The diagnostic accuracy of telegeriatrics for the diagnosis of dementia via video conferencingMelinda Martin-Khan
Centre for Research in Geriatric Medicine, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
J Am Med Dir Assoc 13:487.e19-24. 2012..The suitability of video conferencing (VC) technology for clinical purposes relevant to geriatric medicine is still being established. This project aimed to determine the validity of the diagnosis of dementia via VC...
- Development of quality indicators for monitoring outcomes of frail elderly hospitalised in acute care health settings: study protocolCaroline A Brand
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Health Services Research, Melbourne Health, The University of Melbourne and The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 11:281. 2011..This paper reports the study protocol for the development of aged care quality indicators for acute care hospitals...
- A prospective cohort study of geriatric syndromes among older medical patients admitted to acute care hospitalsPrabha Lakhan
The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Am Geriatr Soc 59:2001-8. 2011....
- Telehealth for nursing homes: the utilization of specialist services for residential careLeonard C Gray
Centre for Research in Geriatric Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Telemed Telecare 18:142-6. 2012..Many services which are currently being provided on site to metropolitan long-term care facilities could be provided by telehealth in both urban and rural facilities...
- Feasibility of using an in-home video conferencing system in geriatric rehabilitationNancye M Peel
Centre for Research in Geriatric Medicine, School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Level 2 Building 33, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Ipswich Road, Woolloongabba QLD 4102 Australia
J Rehabil Med 43:364-6. 2011..This pilot study trialled an in-home videoconferencing system to determine the feasibility of delivering rehabilitation services remotely to aged clients...
- Telemedicine across the agesAnthony C Smith
Centre for Online Health, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 190:15-9. 2009..For telemedicine to become a mainstream service, its focus must move beyond simply the provision of equipment and network connectivity. Telemedicine must be funded adequately if it is to be successful...
- The Rowland Universal Dementia Assessment Scale (RUDAS) as a reliable screening tool for dementia when administered via videoconferencing in elderly post-acute hospital patientsLillian Wong
Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Telemed Telecare 18:176-9. 2012..9 (difference between the means 0.04), i.e. there was no significant difference. The results suggest that the RUDAS can be reliably administered via VC in post acute patients as an alternative to FTF administration...
- Effects of a drug minimization guide on prescribing intentions in elderly persons with polypharmacyIan A Scott
Department of Internal Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Drugs Aging 29:659-67. 2012..While frameworks exist to assist clinicians in prescribing appropriately in older patients at risk of adverse drug reactions, their impact on prescribing is uncertain...
- A systematic review of studies concerning observer agreement during medical specialist diagnosis using videoconferencingMelinda Martin-Khan
Centre for Research in Geriatric Medicine, University of Queensland, Level 2, Building 33, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Ipswich Road, Woolloongabba, Queensland 4102, Australia
J Telemed Telecare 17:350-7. 2011..The variation in research methodology and statistical analysis suggests a lack of clarity about which research design is appropriate for measuring observer agreement in relation to diagnostic reliability...
- How effective are programs at managing transition from hospital to home? A case study of the Australian Transition Care ProgramLeonard C Gray
Centre for Research in Geriatric Medicine, The University of Queensland, Level 2, Building 33, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, Queensland 4102, Australia
BMC Geriatr 12:6. 2012..In this paper, we review the current evidence on the efficacy of such programs, using the Australian Transition Care Program as a case study...
- Telehealth opportunities in regional Queensland: a scoping studyJasmine Croll
Centre for Online Health, Level 3, Foundation Building, Royal Children s Hospital, Brisbane, QLD 4029, Australia
J Telemed Telecare 18:451-4. 2012..The study reinforced the potential for telehealth services in three key domains: regional hospitals, residential aged-care facilities and general practice...
- Minimizing inappropriate medications in older populations: a 10-step conceptual frameworkIan A Scott
Department of Internal Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Am J Med 125:529-37.e4. 2012..Further studies are warranted in validating this framework as a means for assisting clinicians to make more appropriate prescribing decisions in at-risk older patients...
- Geriatric ward rounds by video conference: a solution for rural hospitalsLeonard C Gray
University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 191:605-8. 2009..To evaluate the acceptance and cost of a ward-based geriatric consultation service delivered via a mobile videoconferencing system...
- Sharing clinical information across care settings: the birth of an integrated assessment systemLeonard C Gray
The University of Queensland, c Academic Unit in Geriatric Medicine, University Department of Medicine, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 9:71. 2009..Population ageing, the emergence of chronic illness, and the shift away from institutional care challenge conventional approaches to assessment systems which traditionally are problem and setting specific...