Amy E Gibson
Affiliation: University of New South Wales
- Mortality related to pharmacotherapies for opioid dependence: a comparative analysis of coronial recordsAmy E Gibson
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 26:405-10. 2007..The aim of this study was to compare the mortality associated with oral naltrexone, methadone and buprenorphine in opioid dependence treatment, employing a retrospective data analysis using coronial and prescription data...
- Opioid overdose deaths can occur in patients with naltrexone implantsAmy E Gibson
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney
Med J Aust 186:152-3. 2007..These cases indicate that patients can die from opioid overdose with a naltrexone implant and blood naltrexone levels higher than reported blockade levels...
- Exposure to opioid maintenance treatment reduces long-term mortalityAmy Gibson
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, UNSW, Australia
Addiction 103:462-8. 2008..To (i) examine the predictors of mortality in a randomized study of methadone versus buprenorphine maintenance treatment; (ii) compare the survival experience of the randomized subject groups; and (iii) describe the causes of death...
- A comparison of buprenorphine treatment in clinic and primary care settings: a randomised trialAmy E Gibson
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, UNSW Randwick Campus, King Street, Randwick, NSW 2052, Australia
Med J Aust 179:38-42. 2003..To compare outcomes, costs and incremental cost-effectiveness of heroin detoxification performed in a specialist clinic and in general practice...
- The impact of illicit drug market changes on health agency operations in Sydney, AustraliaAmy Gibson
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Subst Abuse Treat 28:35-40. 2005....
- Follow-up difficulty: correlates and relationship with outcome in heroin dependence treatment in the NEPOD studyErol Digiusto
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, National Centre in HIV Social Research, University of New South Wales 2052, Australia
Addict Behav 31:1201-10. 2006..The study examined three methods for imputing missing heroin use outcome data and concluded that imputation of missing outcome data by inserting corresponding baseline data may be too conservative...