Affiliation: University of Tasmania
- Falls risk is associated with pain and dysfunction but not radiographic osteoarthritis in older adults: Tasmanian Older Adult Cohort studyS J Foley
Menzies Research Institute, University of Tasmania, Australia
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 14:533-9. 2006..To describe the association between knee and hip radiographic osteoarthritis (ROA), a measure of knee pain, stiffness and functional ability and objectively measured physiological falls risk predictors...
- Physical activity and knee structural change: a longitudinal study using MRIStella Foley
Menzies Research Institute, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Australia
Med Sci Sports Exerc 39:426-34. 2007..Exercise therapy is effective in improving symptoms of knee osteoarthritis, but its effect on structural change remains unclear...
- Measures of childhood fitness and body mass index are associated with bone mass in adulthood: a 20-year prospective studyStella Foley
Menzies Research Institute, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Hobart, Australia
J Bone Miner Res 23:994-1001. 2008..These results suggest that increased skeletal loading in childhood leads to an increase in peak bone mass independent of current loading...
- Tracking of bone mass from childhood to adolescence and factors that predict deviation from trackingStella Foley
Menzies Research Institute, University of Tasmania Private Bag 23, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Bone 44:752-7. 2009..Body composition was the main predictor of altered tracking but environmental factors also appear important...
- The association between oral contraceptive use, bone mineral density and fractures in women aged 50-80 yearsShuying Wei
Menzies Research Institute, University of Tasmania, Hobart, TAS 7001, Australia
Contraception 84:357-62. 2011..The associations between oral contraceptive (OC) use, bone mineral density (BMD) and the risk of fractures remain controversial...
- Can BMD assessed by DXA at age 8 predict fracture risk in boys and girls during puberty?: an eight-year prospective studyJennifer Flynn
Menzies Research Institute, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
J Bone Miner Res 22:1463-7. 2007..Bone densitometry at the total body and spine (but not hip) is a strong predictor of fracture (especially upper limb) during puberty...