Richard J Fletcher
Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- Field testing of father-inclusive guidelines for web-based information and support aimed at families with perinatal depressionRichard Fletcher
Family Action Centre, The University of Newcastle, New South Wales
Health Promot J Austr 22:231-3. 2011..This study examines the application of father-inclusive guidelines to website information intended to address perinatal depression...
- The 'Healthy Dads, Healthy Kids' community effectiveness trial: study protocol of a community-based healthy lifestyle program for fathers and their childrenPhilip J Morgan
Priority Research Centre in Physical Activity and Nutrition, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW, Australia
BMC Public Health 11:876. 2011..The aim of the current study was to evaluate the previously established program in a community setting, in a large effectiveness trial...
- Addressing depression and anxiety among new fathersRichard J Fletcher
Faculty of Health, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 185:461-3. 2006..Health services could better support new fathers by providing them with information on parenting from a father's perspective, or by running father-specific sessions as part of routine antenatal care programs...
- Psychosocial assessment of expectant fathersR Fletcher
Family Action Centre, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Arch Womens Ment Health 11:27-32. 2008..While the influence of fathers on infant and maternal well-being is also recognised as commencing before birth, the early identification of needs among expectant fathers has not been addressed...
- The evaluation of tailored and web-based information for new fathersR Fletcher
Family Action Centre, The University of Newcastle, University Drive, Callaghan, Australia
Child Care Health Dev 34:439-46. 2008..Tailored information for fathers delivered via email and Internet may provide an alternate route for support for fathers. This study aimed to assess father's readiness to utilize electronic information tailored to father's role...
- The effects of early paternal depression on children's developmentRichard J Fletcher
Family Action Centre, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW
Med J Aust 195:685-9. 2011..To examine the effects of paternal depression during children's first year on their wellbeing at 4-5 years of age using a large, representative sample of Australian families...