Diana O Fisher
Affiliation: University of Queensland
- Inferring extinction of mammals from sighting records, threats, and biological traitsDiana O Fisher
The University of Queensland, School of Biological Sciences, St Lucia 4072, QLD, Australia
Conserv Biol 26:57-67. 2012..Our new method can be used to test whether species with few records or recent last-sighting dates are likely to be extinct...
- Correlates of rediscovery and the detectability of extinction in mammalsDiana O Fisher
School of Biological Sciences, Goddard Building 8, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland 4072, Australia
Proc Biol Sci 278:1090-7. 2011....
- Costs of reproduction and terminal investment by females in a semelparous marsupialDiana O Fisher
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Australia
PLoS ONE 6:e15226. 2011..Iteroparity did not increase lifetime reproductive success, indicating that terminal investment in the first breeding season at the expense of maternal survival (i.e. semelparity) is likely to be advantageous for females...
- Sperm competition drives the evolution of suicidal reproduction in mammalsDiana O Fisher
School of Biological Sciences, University of Queensland, St Lucia, QLD 4072, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:17910-4. 2013..We conclude that precopulatory sexual selection by females favored the evolution of suicidal reproduction in mammals. ..
- Phylogenetic correlates of extinction risk in mammals: species in older lineages are not at greater riskLuis Darcy Verde Arregoitia
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Proc Biol Sci 280:20131092. 2013..Their extinction, however, would represent a disproportionate loss of unique evolutionary history...