Claude S Farah
Affiliation: University of Sydney
- Ventilation heterogeneity predicts asthma control in adults following inhaled corticosteroid dose titrationClaude S Farah
Airway Physiology Group, Woolcock Institute of Medical Research, Glebe, Australia
J Allergy Clin Immunol 130:61-8. 2012..However, the physiological determinants of asthma symptom control are poorly understood and spirometry is a poor predictor of symptomatic response...
- Asthma and obesity: a known association but unknown mechanismClaude S Farah
The Woolcock Institute of Medical Research, Cooperative Research Centre for Asthma and Airways, Glebe, and the University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Respirology 17:412-21. 2012..An understanding of the various physiological perturbations that might be contributing to symptoms in obese patients with asthma will allow for a more targeted and rational treatment approach for these patients...
- The role of the small airways in the clinical expression of asthma in adultsClaude S Farah
Woolcock Institute of Medical Research, Glebe, Australia
J Allergy Clin Immunol 129:381-7, 387.e1. 2012....
- Obesity is a determinant of asthma control independent of inflammation and lung mechanicsClaude S Farah
Woolcock Institute of Medical Research, University of Sydney, Camperdown, NSW, 2050, Australia
Chest 140:659-66. 2011....
- The effect of airway remodelling on airway hyper-responsiveness in asthmaJessica A Kermode
The Woolcock Institute of Medical Research, PO Box M77, Missenden Road, Glebe, NSW 2050, Australia
Respir Med 105:1798-804. 2011..We hypothesised that airway remodelling contributes to airway hyper-responsiveness in asthma, independent of steroid-responsive airway inflammation...
- Predictors of airway hyperresponsiveness differ between old and young patients with asthmaKate M Hardaker
Woolcock Institute of Medical Research, Glebe, NSW, Australia
Chest 139:1395-401. 2011..The aim of this study was to determine if the pathophysiologic predictors of AHR, including inflammation, ventilation heterogeneity, and airway closure, differed between young and old patients with asthma...
- Obesity, expiratory flow limitation and asthma symptomsSriram Mahadev
Woolcock Institute of Medical Research, 431 Glebe Pt Rd, Glebe, NSW 2037, Australia
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 26:438-43. 2013....