P M Duggan
Affiliation: University of Adelaide
- Identifying the quality of life effects of urinary incontinence with depression in an Australian populationJodie C Avery
Discipline of General Practice, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
BMC Urol 13:11. 2013..To explore the additive effect of urinary incontinence, in people with comorbid depression, on health related quality of life...
- Medical student self-reported confidence in obstetrics and gynaecology: development of a core clinical competencies documentKristen Pierides
Medical School, The University of Adelaide, Frome Rd, Adelaide 5005, Australia
BMC Med Educ 13:62. 2013....
- Summative assessment of 5th year medical students' clinical reasoning by Script Concordance Test: requirements and challengesPaul Duggan
Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Adelaide, Frome Rd, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia
BMC Med Educ 12:29. 2012..The Script Concordance Test (SCT) has not been reported in summative assessment of students across the multiple domains of a medical curriculum. We report the steps used to build a test for summative assessment in a medical curriculum...
- Electronic voting to encourage interactive lectures: a randomised trialPaul M Duggan
Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
BMC Med Educ 7:25. 2007..Outcomes from these studies have been mixed. Because results from these studies have been mixed, we examined whether an EVS system could enhance a lecture's effect on educational outcomes...
- The influence of variations in blood flow on pulsed doppler ultrasonic heating of the cerebral cortex of the neonatal pigP M Duggan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Ultrasound Med Biol 26:647-54. 2000..9 degrees C (normal flow), 1.7 degrees C (increased flow) and 2.4 degrees C (no flow) recorded at 90 s (p < 0.05)...
- Utilization of preoperative urodynamic investigations by gynecologists who frequently operate for female urinary incontinencePaul M Duggan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Adelaide University, Adelaide, Australia
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 14:282-7; discussion 286-7. 2003..There are differences in utilization between subspecialists and generalists that are not explained by access. These observations could be explained by poor understanding or a lack of belief in the value of urodynamic investigations...
- Urodynamics or history? Clinical decision-making in women presenting with urinary incontinencePaul Duggan
Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 50:556-61. 2010..Preoperative urodynamic testing is recommended by experts, but evidence for clinical benefit is limited...
- Urodynamic diagnoses and quality of life in women presenting for evaluation of urinary incontinencePaul Duggan
Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 51:416-20. 2011..Several population-based and clinical studies report that stress incontinence has less impact on quality of life (QoL) than urge incontinence and overactive bladder...