P M Duggan
Affiliation: University of Adelaide
- How was the intern year?: self and clinical assessment of four cohorts, from two medical curriculaGillian Laven
School of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
BMC Med Educ 14:123. 2014..As part of a longitudinal evaluation program at the University of Adelaide, a mixed method approach was used to compare the graduate outcomes of two curriculum cohorts: traditional lecture-based 'old' and problem-based 'new' learning...
- Identifying the quality of life effects of urinary incontinence with depression in an Australian populationJodie C Avery
Discipline of General Practice, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
BMC Urol 13:11. 2013..To explore the additive effect of urinary incontinence, in people with comorbid depression, on health related quality of life...
- Medical student self-reported confidence in obstetrics and gynaecology: development of a core clinical competencies documentKristen Pierides
Medical School, The University of Adelaide, Frome Rd, Adelaide 5005, Australia
BMC Med Educ 13:62. 2013....
- Summative assessment of 5th year medical students' clinical reasoning by Script Concordance Test: requirements and challengesPaul Duggan
Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Adelaide, Frome Rd, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia
BMC Med Educ 12:29. 2012..The Script Concordance Test (SCT) has not been reported in summative assessment of students across the multiple domains of a medical curriculum. We report the steps used to build a test for summative assessment in a medical curriculum...
- Electronic voting to encourage interactive lectures: a randomised trialPaul M Duggan
Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
BMC Med Educ 7:25. 2007..Outcomes from these studies have been mixed. Because results from these studies have been mixed, we examined whether an EVS system could enhance a lecture's effect on educational outcomes...
- The influence of variations in blood flow on pulsed doppler ultrasonic heating of the cerebral cortex of the neonatal pigP M Duggan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Ultrasound Med Biol 26:647-54. 2000..9 degrees C (normal flow), 1.7 degrees C (increased flow) and 2.4 degrees C (no flow) recorded at 90 s (p < 0.05)...
- Utilization of preoperative urodynamic investigations by gynecologists who frequently operate for female urinary incontinencePaul M Duggan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Adelaide University, Adelaide, Australia
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 14:282-7; discussion 286-7. 2003..There are differences in utilization between subspecialists and generalists that are not explained by access. These observations could be explained by poor understanding or a lack of belief in the value of urodynamic investigations...
- Urodynamics or history? Clinical decision-making in women presenting with urinary incontinencePaul Duggan
Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 50:556-61. 2010..Preoperative urodynamic testing is recommended by experts, but evidence for clinical benefit is limited...
- Urodynamic diagnoses and quality of life in women presenting for evaluation of urinary incontinencePaul Duggan
Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 51:416-20. 2011..Several population-based and clinical studies report that stress incontinence has less impact on quality of life (QoL) than urge incontinence and overactive bladder...